Custom Map #2814: Picnic in the park. By: Dp

Started by AutoPost, November 21, 2015, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2814: Picnic in the park

Author: Dp
Size: 172x64

Desc:
The pesky creep have taken the park. Crack out the potato chips (Johnny) and take it back! #RealWorld

Jerdog

D0m0nik

If anyone struggles with the start:

Spoiler
Land to the right of the lake, build 5 collectors in the lake, 3 to the right. Then build 2 sprayers, 1 in lake and 2 to right, build all ore mines. Reinforce lake with 2 ,mortars and right with two blasters.
[close]

I am not good at setting the difficulty, I made this as an easy map for all  :(

RealAndy

I didn't mind it, certainly take the advice about the beginning.  And be careful when the spores increase later, nearly got wiped out by them.

Jerdog

I think I know what I was doing wrong.  I was using sprayers but no blasters in the lake and blasters alone to go left.   It was much easier using both.

I knew it would be a cool map once I got far enough. 

Johnny Haywire

Yet another cool map, Dom! And thx for the honorable mention - I'm honored! This map actually was harder than it seemed. At first, I tried playing it pasta-style... yanno, just twirling the spaghetti casually and seeing what happens. Never even saw the 20 spores the first time, lol. Serves me right for never saving nor pausing games. Second time worked fine - but I had to put the pasta down. Some people may find the need for potato chips on this one, but it wasn't quite THAT difficult. And that's not a bad thing... if every map was a Nuhage, I'd either go broke buying snacks or just have to quit. I liked the varying terrain and the spore barrage was entertaining! And yanno, it really looked a bit like Central Park (NYC). Great job, m8!

One thing I've noticed, when there's AC at the start: Mortars + AC tends to be much more efficient than blasters + AC. But since the emitters on the right aren't very strong, blasters will give you a faster movement (if that's the kinda thing you're into). That's not really a "spoiler" or such, just kinda more of an observation or thought or popcorn flavoring... something like that.  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

ak

Great map!  Nothing good ever happens in midtown.

D0m0nik