Custom Map #2736: Choices. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 28, 2015, 01:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2736: Choices

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 203x200

Desc:
I think this is my hardest map yet. Let me know! #Sorrontis #AoO #CRPL #RampingEmitters #Digitalis #Spores #NoRunners #NoTechStart #PrepForEnding

Sorrontis

Wow, 5 ratings of 1. This is my best map  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

svartmes

co-co-co-combo breaker! I rated it a 9 :P
Excellent map! 2 times I had to scrap and restart what I thought was a solid starts before I could figure out a legit strategy.  Very fun and challenging map!
The only thing I didn't like was the randomness of which aao you get. Depending on your luck there you could probably do a much better time.

stdout

I defeated the inhibitor but it took another who-knows-how-long to pick up the info disk in order to finally trigger the end. Its message was only salt in the wound. :)  It would have been much better of a game without that extra win condition.

Sorrontis

I could have made AoO distribution linear (Mass -> Freeze -> Convert), but I thought it would be more interesting to see what people can do with a random distribution (mass occurs as often as the other 2 combined). In hindsight, a linear progression would have been more popular.

Yeah, the message was a bit overkill. I thought of removing it, but then I figured a way to have the message picked up about 5 seconds after destroying the inhibitor.

stdout

Well, I replayed it and did better this time.

Good challenging start. It would be good to have known that the CRPL unit was going to explode with creeper at a set time and I suspect that's why there are so many 1/10 rankings for this map.

I enjoyed it, and have ranked it accordingly.

Sorrontis

Quote from: stdout on October 28, 2015, 04:29:33 PM
Well, I replayed it and did better this time.

Good challenging start. It would be good to have known that the CRPL unit was going to explode with creeper at a set time and I suspect that's why there are so many 1/10 rankings for this map.

I enjoyed it, and have ranked it accordingly.

When I was playing, I set the notices to be turned off. I must have forgotten to give a 1 minute warning. That does explain a lot.

D0m0nik

I do not have any AoOs visible, do they appear under a certain condition?

Sorrontis

the first one is given at 00:12:30:00 and you get a new one every 2:30

D0m0nik

That was both incredible, exciting, frustrating and perplexing!

Spoiler
I understand that you have to keep the special unit in the top left in order to collect the AoO but this was by no means obvious, I did not even realise you got the AoOs until I came here, many frustrating hours lost trying to work out how to beat the map.Once I had the AoO it became a lot easier!
[close]

Still enjoyed it, it is an epic map!

I also had a strange bug, a wall melted but the effect remained, this happened 50% of the time, was it deliberate?

Sorrontis