Custom Map #2753: Tic tac frac. By: ak

Started by AutoPost, November 01, 2015, 06:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2753: Tic tac frac

Author: ak
Size: 81x81

Desc:
My first map. Lots of reactors so it should be a piece of cake. #NoTerp #Symmetric

Helper

LOL! "Piece of cake" - right.
Had a ball with this one.
Do not recall another with the same kind of solution.
Exceptionally well done - especially for a first map.
Looking forward to more.
H

stdout

I got a good laugh out of the "piece of cake" comment.

Great map, ak. Loved it! I'll be playing this one again to improve my score.

ak

Glad you guys enjoyed!  I think the easiest way to get your feet planted is to
Spoiler
clear the PZ with a cannon and put a reactor in it, after building two towers (per CN).
[close]
It was actually a happy accident that
Spoiler
using the singularity weapon in the middle causes chaos.  ;D
[close]
but it was intentional that
Spoiler
the deep islands draw mortar fire unless you place them just right.
[close]
Hope people don't find it too rage-inducing!

PMouser

i cant nulify the emiters in the void, i cant get my net work to connect to the nulifier in power zone. so i cant win. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Randomgold

Quote from: PMouser on November 01, 2015, 09:08:28 PM
i cant nulify the emiters in the void, i cant get my net work to connect to the nulifier in power zone. so i cant win. ty

It took some thinking, but it's easy once you know how.
Spoiler
Just remember that CNs can be moved around as well as other units.
[close]

ak

Quote from: Randomgold on November 01, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: PMouser on November 01, 2015, 09:08:28 PM

It took some thinking, but it's easy once you know how.
Spoiler
Just remember that CNs can be moved around as well as other units.
[close]
This is one way.  The easier way
Spoiler
is to remember that a collector on a power zone can make long-range connections with any unit.  The range is actually the same as a PZ nullifier, so when the nullifier is done nullifying the strong emitter, replace it with a collector.
[close]

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

D0m0nik

This is a great map, lot going on in a small area, very fun to play.

Loren Pechtel

I see no reason to play games moving CNs.  The void emitters can be reached from the PZs.

I also see no reason for the singularity weapon.  The center is actually quite weak, it just has a huge pile of creeper that spilled onto it from the void emitters.  Once you have them suppressed the rest of it really is a piece of cake.

stdout

I didn't move any CNs in this map.

Just finished my third play through. Again, great map, ak. I look forward to more from you.

Helper

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 02, 2015, 10:54:53 AM
I see no reason to play games moving CNs. 
One reason would be to score a better time, but the beauty of a game like ak's is that the player has several options/approaches for having a good time.
H

lividbishop

I couldn't see how to reach the void emitters from the pzs, but moving the cn obviously worked.  enjoyed this map!

Johnny Haywire

I like that the map is simple, small, yet kinda makes you think.

For those who hate multi-tasking (i.e., landing 3 CN's at once and keeping track of them all) - You can easily clear the map with just one CN and without pausing the game or moving the CN. That's if you prefer the "I'm not in a rush but I also don't want to have to think as much - I just wanna play around" mood.

For the map author - This map is everything that a map should be, imo. There's humor, multiple approaches, and a mild-to-moderate challenge. It's one of the very few maps I actually might play more than once. Excellent job! 10/10!

Yanno, you could add more reactors and some snipers to deal with the inhibitor that slowly creeps in from the bottom of the map...  ;D  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

mzimmer74

Really enjoyed this map so I played it again since I knew my first time wasn't played very well.  Was thrilled to take an hour off of my time.  Then I looked at the scores and saw I was STILL 20 minutes slower than the best time.  *sigh*
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.