Custom Map #2734: River Siege. By: Richard333

Started by AutoPost, October 26, 2015, 05:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2734: River Siege

Author: Richard333
Size: 165x105

Desc:
The humans have taken up residence in some mountains. Your mission is to take them out. #PAC #CRPL #FastFlow

D0m0nik

The fast flow is interesting but makes for a very easy map! Nice map though, look forward to more!

isj4

The changed flow rate made some interesting effects. It made the field tool the weapon of choice on the flat areas, but almost useless uphill.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Hubs

The flow rate was very different, but interesting. Flat areas were a breeze, but the hills were a challenge. Overall easy map, but fun to play.

RealAndy

I didn't really need to flow much creeper uphill, used mainly spores, which seemed to be carrying much more creeper than normal.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 26, 2015, 06:20:34 PM
The fast flow is interesting but makes for a very easy map! Nice map though, look forward to more!

Yeah, the fast flow really kills the humans.  The creeper from a spore hit spreads out very fast and the slightest touch of it kills the collectors and relays--it's very easy to depower the human defenses.  I only built one more emitter and in hindsight I didn't even need that.  It was simply fire all spores at the target of choice, connect the PZs and put more spores on them.  I took out the final base in random mode as that was actually more efficient than aimed fire.  (I had enough spores that I was going to drain the beams anyway, might as well have each spore heading for it's own target.  The first wave got some through, the second wave was unopposed.

Richard333

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 28, 2015, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: D0m0nik on October 26, 2015, 06:20:34 PM

Yeah, the fast flow really kills the humans.  The creeper from a spore hit spreads out very fast and the slightest touch of it kills the collectors and relays--it's very easy to depower the human defenses.  I only built one more emitter and in hindsight I didn't even need that.  It was simply fire all spores at the target of choice, connect the PZs and put more spores on them.  I took out the final base in random mode as that was actually more efficient than aimed fire.  (I had enough spores that I was going to drain the beams anyway, might as well have each spore heading for it's own target.  The first wave got some through, the second wave was unopposed.
Kinda thought that the spores would be a bit too overpowered due to the faster flowing and decided against lowering their payload when I thought about it. Well nice to know for future PAC with fast flowing creeper that I'll most likely have to turn down the spores payload.