Custom Map #2446: Creeper Action. By: Thumbmaster

Started by AutoPost, August 30, 2015, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2446: Creeper Action

Author: Thumbmaster
Size: 201x202

Desc:
The creeper made an unexpected appearance at an excavation site. Help them reclaim the land from the humans. This is an easy, entry-level PAC map. Enjoy! #PlayAsCreeper

mzimmer74

"Easy"...yes.  Fun...yes as well. :)  Nice job.  Only problem I had was some pretty substantial lagging.  I don't usually have that as an issue but there was quite a bit on the map early on (until I destroyed it all).
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

isj4

Quote from: mzimmer74 on August 30, 2015, 01:56:08 PM
Only problem I had was some pretty substantial lagging.  I don't usually have that as an issue but there was quite a bit on the map early on (until I destroyed it all).

Same for me. I never had lag even on 256x256 PAC map before.

But that doesn't change that it is a good map for beginners.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

teknotiss

yeah was pretty laggy, i think the number of air units was probably it, since it was much faster as soon as  killed them... but huge PAC maps have received lag complaints before.
i liked this one, good fun, if slow-ish but entertaining throughout! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Linden

Oh, I thought it was just me experiencing lag. That aside, though, I enjoyed it. :D Thanks, Thumbmaster and little one! :)

thumbmaster

Sorry about the lag.  :-\

It started out MUCH MUCH worse. I had to trim down a LOT while the little one was sleeping. We'll do better next time. Glad you'd enjoyed it!   ;D
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

ThomBat

Ahhhhh! Somehow the final torrent of spore destruction (once the human energy supply tips too low) never fails to delight... Thanks to Thumbmaster and all the other PAC developers :-)

teknotiss

Quote from: thumbmaster on August 31, 2015, 06:07:42 PM
Sorry about the lag.  :-\

It started out MUCH MUCH worse. I had to trim down a LOT while the little one was sleeping. We'll do better next time. Glad you'd enjoyed it!   ;D

also might be stacking the units... try placing them near each other instead next one and see if that helps???
still fun for me, lag or not!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Loren Pechtel

A surprising amount of lag.  I also don't see how people are getting the really short times on this one.

teknotiss

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 06, 2015, 10:16:11 AM
A surprising amount of lag.  I also don't see how people are getting the really short times on this one.

well i suggest
Spoiler
get the 4 nearest PZ, i went SE, NE, NW, SW, then turn all 9 original emitters to spore towers. i did this before 40 secs or so, then in 4 pairs and a single i used them to batter direct at south CN then went NE CN and then after the NW CN, using the PZ's along the way as spores too, and then just go mental with spreading them out to clean up.
[close]
hope that helps  8)
ps...
Tunnen! i am going to find more than 7 seconds!!!  >:(  ;) 8)

yum-forum

Very nice but very laggy PAC map! Interesting beginning and good game planning. Not so useful runners.
Enjoyed! Thank You!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last