Custom Map #2387: J Yrr49.2. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, August 10, 2015, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2387: J Yrr49.2

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 161x93

Desc:
My processor fan was running a lot... :)

PMouser

how do you do this? ty, i tried sever things and none work. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Vanguard

Quote from: PMouser on August 11, 2015, 12:32:52 AM
how do you do this? ty, i tried sever things and none work. ty
Spoiler
Build reactors on PZ. Neutralize flight zone on starting land for one more PZ generator. Dont fire at drones. They spawn tons of creeper on death. Get 4 blasters and 4 terps. Move them to the center, while building a forge. Stop resupply on the totems and terps and blasters, because you will need the 25 energy to get some collectors in the center. Eliminate Digitalis on center and terraform the center dots to ten. Move one Command node over to center. Use energy from main base to build as many anti air lasers as you can. Deactive resupply on them and move them to center. You need as many as you can get to make sure no spore will crash next to the spore emitter. Can be a bit of a luck game if you dont have enough lasers. Neutralize creeper spawners in center and prevent digitalis to creep up on ther hill. that´s the basics. Good luck.

Edit: Use blasters in center instead of mortars. They will kill a drone sooner or later and it will kill you. Not going to finish the map.
[close]

Sorry, cant put picture in spoilers.

Hi, I am an atheist.

pastor.healer

Alter, I would love to know how you beat this map in four minutes. 

D0m0nik

I am completely stumped by the 4 mins. It is easy to take out the far left-middle emitter and then by rotating the CNs you can get a foot hold but the digitalis comes very quickly.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

I figured out the 4 mins but cant quite get it, the spores come just before I fully power the nullifier. I've tried 20 times and have come painfully close but no cigar!

If you land 2 CNs on the digitalis far left you can carefully place collectors so they rarely get hit by runners or the thin line of digitalis. They provide enough power to build a few basic units and a terp, I used the terp to dig a small trench to protect my nullifier and 2 blasters and one mortar hugging the left hand side. You could nullify the small emitter and put a beam on it but I think it may be a waste of power.

Unfortunately this all has to be done before the first spore lands around the 4 min mark and to do that you need to be Alter Old!

D0m0nik

Only took about 3 hours of hair pulling but got there in the end for a time of 3.23 only to discover Alter Old had done in it 2.32.  :o

Take my hat off to Alter, there is no way I'm getting close to that time!

Grayzzur

This map pretty much spits on all my standard tactics. ARGH! I shall beat it eventually....
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Alter Old

Quote from: pastor.healer on August 11, 2015, 02:07:33 PM
Alter, I would love to know how you beat this map in four minutes.
OK, but a little later (after a day or two), when the interest in this puzzle-map will fall slightly. And will not 4 minutes ; ).
Thank you.
Quote from: D0m0nik on August 11, 2015, 05:46:56 PM
Take my hat off to Alter, there is no way I'm getting close to that time!
Thank you too, this is very high praise.
As usual, forgive for my English.

Alter Old

I apologize, here video, for the objective reasons a little bit later, than promised.
As usual, forgive for my English.

D0m0nik

Just watched your video Alter Old. thanks for sharing, its a real master class!

stdout

I could watch your videos all day, Alter Old. I appreciate you posting it!

pastor.healer

The video is amazing, the music with the video is perfect and my wife can't believe anyone did this...  :)

Thanks for showing us a pro in action!