Custom Map #2382: Miniature Land 8. By: Flash1255

Started by AutoPost, August 08, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2382: Miniature Land 8

Author: Flash1255
Size: 96x63

Desc:
Haven't uploaded a map in a loooong time, been too pre-occupied with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Here's a map that is kinda a throwback to Mission 5 of the Training Sim of CW1.

Loren Pechtel

You realize you can drop the CN in the NE and kill the spore tower?  It's a second or two slow to kill the emitter this way, though.

Flash1225

That's not the point of the map. You're supposed to start in the lower left corner, and if you've played the Training Sim up to this level, you'd know that's how the has to be played properly.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

warren

I would say that if you wanted to create an authentic throwback, you should preland the command node in the position of odin city, so as to make some of the new strategies more expensive.

For some players, the game of the map is the fastest game allowed by the rules, regardless of intent.

Grayzzur

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 08, 2015, 11:11:50 PM
You realize you can drop the CN in the NE and kill the spore tower?  It's a second or two slow to kill the emitter this way, though.
Actually, with proper placement, you can *just* kill the emitter before the creeper destroys the nullifer.

Just having a physical spore tower changes the game from the CW1 mission due to the power zone.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Grayzzur on August 11, 2015, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on August 08, 2015, 11:11:50 PM
Actually, with proper placement, you can *just* kill the emitter before the creeper destroys the nullifer.

Just having a physical spore tower changes the game from the CW1 mission due to the power zone.

I sure don't see it.  I placed the nullifier as far as possible from the emitter, it wasn't enough.

warren

QuoteI sure don't see it.  ... it wasn't enough.
Spoiler

Land the command node. Build 3 collectors far apart from each other in turn. Build the nullifier. Win.
[close]

stdout

warren is right. It's all about the energy. Your CN produces some energy but not enough to fully build and power a nullifier without getting into the red. Sacrifice a little time early to get collectors ready, and then build your nullifiers. Always watch your energy.