Ranking players with the same time

Started by Tyler21, April 06, 2015, 01:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler21

Does anyone know how are players ranked if they have the same time result but different score?
Is it the score or the order of completion that determines the rank in this case? (I know it's the order of completion if both time and score is the same.)

The reason I am asking this is that I want to create an additional score based map that will have the same time limit for all players.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

thegamemaster1234

Now, I don't know whether time or score is more important to the leaderboards, but since time usually influences score, I'd guess that score is probably the determining factor. If time was everything, why bother with score as a feature?

Though if two players have the same score but one of them completed with less time, he'll go on top.

warren

You can sort the leaderboard either way by clicking on the titles. I am pretty sure score has no effect by default.

Tyler21

I know that one can sort them, I was just curious what is the default sorting for players who have the same time, but different score.

But actually I realized that despite the time limit I can modify the final times with SetGameTimeFrames as well, so I will just 'hack' those :)
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Tyler21

Finally it turned out:
players are ranked by the order of completion by default if they have the same time (and not by their score).

Telanir

Quote from: Tyler21 on April 10, 2015, 04:41:19 PM
Finally it turned out:
players are ranked by the order of completion by default if they have the same time (and not by their score).

Is there a source for this by any chance? Is this conclusion experimental or theoretical?
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Tyler21

This is purely experimental. See the scores at my latest map #1947 (and also at SuperDan's 'Mining operation' map, #629)

In addition, (I didn't know this) if you change to sort by score on the leaderboard by clicking on the 'score', you change the default sorting on all leaderboards, not only the particular map's one.