Custom Map #1797: Nalarion's lair. By: Doogie

Started by AutoPost, March 04, 2015, 07:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1797: Nalarion's lair

Author: Doogie
Size: 128x84

Desc:
the world gaurdian seeks to destroy you you must stop him and for those who like to speed run can you destroy him befroe the ten minute mark?

Ceraus

I'm one of those speedrunners, but I wasn't able to beat it under 10 minutes.

When the 10-minute mark hit, I was advancing a land bridge toward the boss... but then it started moving and planting emitters. :o

With so much Aether, I was able to withstand the assault, mostly thanks to fast-building Nullifiers. I soon got that the boss couldn't be nullified, so I bet on the 15 costly Snipers available; using the power zones left by the boss's emitter spam, I was able to beat it. Still, it's strange that the boss would look like a giant emitter and be defeated with Snipers...

I found it exhilarating; very few Creeper World Maps are stressful, and this one was, in a good way, although I wish I knew in advance things would become so hectic. Non-experts will probably be pulverized; a "harder than Farbor" disclaimer would be welcome!

Although... I guess if I had turtled instead of uselessly going on the offensive, I could have won more quickly. I'd also go for AC.

Doogie

the boss can be nullified before the ten minute mark but not after it