Custom Map #1821: Strategic Objectives. By: Pscioed

Started by AutoPost, March 08, 2015, 10:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1821: Strategic Objectives

Author: Pscioed
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Capture all the strategic points to win. A strategic point is a location where an enemy unit spawns, including emitters, spore towers, and runner nests. An enemy cannot spawn when you are nearby, but it will throw spores at you. #CRPL #Spores #Digitalis

Helper

Very well done!
A few surprises along the way, but that's why we have the 'Save' function.
Look forward to more from you.
H

pastor.healer

Well done!   I really enjoyed this map.  Keep up the good work.  :)

Blessings

Pscioed

Thanks!

I like the idea of making the creeper smarter, so that's kind of what I tried to do here. I think it worked out, and left lots of room for strategy from the player.

I am seeing lots of very long times in the scores, making me wonder what might be happening in the long term. Does something end up not hitting the limits I've tried to put in place, such as stacking spore towers or runner nests?

Also, for anyone wanting to share, I would love to hear your strategy. Did you use the upper left corner, or something else?

Here's how I did it
Spoiler

I dropped a command node on the high ground on each island, leaving the upper right empty. Quickly building collector networks to the strategic points on these 3 islands (knowing where they were already), I captured them before anything spawned.

Here's my position at about 2:30
Spoiler
[close]

The first spore wave was about to launch, and energy was the only real concern. More reactors were up next, followed by a guppy supplied ground invasion of the last island.
[close]

Helper

Hah!
I wondered how you got that score.
I started at the top left and was glad to survive long enough to start fighting.
:)
H