Custom Map #2126: andromeda's campaign day 16 - the ION cannons. By: kiki443

Started by AutoPost, June 06, 2015, 12:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2126: andromeda's campaign day 16 - the ION cannons

Author: kiki443
Size: 256x240

Desc:
recapture ION cannons from creepers

Helper

Nice improvements on your last map and another fun one to play.
In this one, you made it too easy to do a full frontal attack on the Inhibitor. I'm fairly certain you'll see scores of less than half my time very soon.
I also think this map was quite a bit larger than it needed to be. One basic thought on maps is that they should only be a large as they 'need' to be. You could have include all of the concepts used in a map half this size, and still provided all the fun.
Again, thanks for a fun time and I'm looking forward to seeing your next one.
H

Loren Pechtel

1)  The ion cannons are irrelevant, the easiest target on the map is the inhibitor.

2)  If we are supposed to *capture* them shouldn't they be flips?

kiki443

QuoteIf we are supposed to *capture* them shouldn't they be flips?

did you mean flips as emitters that become anti-emitters after they recieve enough ac?
I just saw a Code examples page on wiki explaining flips.
It requires CRPL programing which I just started to learn because my next sequel (Andromeda's campaign day 21 - Earth part2 Europe and Africa) which will be relased soon will have escape pods to rescue so that also requires CRPL.

unfortunetlly when I was developing this map I didn't have any knowledge related to CRPL therefore I couldn't make flip emitters.

actually I didn't even know what is CRPL for.