Custom Map #1727: 8 Emitters. By: Flash1255

Started by AutoPost, February 10, 2015, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1727: 8 Emitters

Author: Flash1255
Size: 128x84

Desc:
Admittably a challenging map at the start. Getting attacked from all directions won't help you energy needs at the start. I may make an easier and harder version of the map. Difficulty Level: Medium-Hard (Challenge for veterans, not so much for experts. Not recommended for novices)

Jerdog

It's actually a pretty good map, but I don't see how it's hard.  Actually it is probably a good map for beginners to learn on.

The emitters are weak and far away with a canyon between you.  You have plenty of time to terp some flat ground for energy before you even need to think about building mortars.

Flash1225

Well, it is true that they are at default settings, so they are kinda weak. I could've made it so no terps were allowed initially, but I didn't, luckily. I may do so for the harder version, though.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Jerdog

No terps would make for a slog.  A challenging slog though.

Flash1225

I'm already finalizing the harder variation, and trust me. 8 emitters at about 60 units per second, digitalis all over any level 1 and 2 terrain mostly, and no terps initially makes for a tough challenge. I made a starting base to give whoever plays the map a head start, luckily, but that doesn't mean it's easier. Spores from every corner don't help, either.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.