Custom Map #1606: Kuiper. By: Levi Kornelsen

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2015, 05:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1606: Kuiper

Author: Levi Kornelsen
Size: 128x84

Desc:
A condensed orbital map. The same basic gameplay as "Orbital" and "Satellites", but tuned up further, prettied up a little, and folded into much less mapspace. Commentary in the forums is very welcome as I work on refining this kind of map.

mzimmer74

Yes, this really combines the best of the Orbital map without the huge size/scrolling issues.  Nice job.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Levi

Thanks!

(I also think it's prettier, which ain't nothing.)

Helper

I've been really enjoying most of your games, but this one has too many restrictions on available components.
No joy in trying to make do without the basic pieces to the game.
Look forward to more of your 'playable' games.
H

Levi

Helper:  You can expect some more usual ones soon - but you'll want to avoid Inverted and Disarmed, as maps, in the meantime.....    Those are my efforts at stretching the question "How much can I remove, here, and how?"

Helper

@Levi -
We have a lot of players here who seem to really enjoy the puzzle/restricted games, and it's cool that they can figure these out and have fun with them.
I finished 'Landfall' earlier today and thought it was a real barn-burner. I got sideways a couple of times and should have gone back to a saved game, but was having too much fun.
The items available in Landfall would be about the minimum needed to keep me in a game - and that one was a close-run thing.
Good that you're actively seeking feedback on your work, and please only take my comments as one man's opinion.
I hope other players will chime in too.
H