Default Creeper Flow Rate On Digitalis

Started by thepenguin, January 15, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

Simple Question:

We know that the creeper flow rate on normal ground is 0.2.  What is the normal flow rate on digitalis?
We have become the creeper...

Asbestos

I'm fairly sure it's the normal flow speed, just limited by the speed the digitalis spreads.

thepenguin

Quote from: Asbestos on January 15, 2015, 09:42:21 PM
I'm fairly sure it's the normal flow speed, just limited by the speed the digitalis spreads.

No, creeper does flow faster on digitalis.  There's a seperate CRPL command to set the creeper flow constant on digitalis.  That's kind of the point of digi, really.

J

The wiki says that the flow rate is 0.2 on both digi and normal terrain. The evaporation limit on digi is 0 instead of 1000, which allows the creeper to move to new cells faster. Digi also decreases the terrain level with 1, which makes creeper flow to and stay on the digi easier.

thepenguin

Quote from: J on January 16, 2015, 04:08:00 AM
The wiki says that the flow rate is 0.2 on both digi and normal terrain. The evaporation limit on digi is 0 instead of 1000, which allows the creeper to move to new cells faster. Digi also decreases the terrain level with 1, which makes creeper flow to and stay on the digi easier.
That's not the way I interpreted the wiki.
Quote0.2 is the normal flow rate (off digitalis)
I took this to mean that 0.2 was the flow rate everywhere except on digi.

stewbasic

If two adjacent cells have creeper levels c1 and c2, and terrain levels t1, t2 in a given frame, then the amount of creeper transferred from cell 1 to cell 2 is

0.2*flowrate*(c1+t1-c2-t2) if c2>=0 and c1+t1>=c2+t2>t1
0.2*flowrate*c1 if c1,c2>=0 and t1>=c2+t2
0.2*flowrate*max(c1,-c2) if c1>0, c2<0

If t1=t2, this reduces to
0.2*flowrate*(c1-c2) if c1>c2>=0
0.2*flowrate*max(c1,-c2) if c1>0, c2<0

I put 2.0 creeper on a digitalis cell and skipped forward 1 frame. 0.4 creeper was transferred to an adjacent digitalis cell. Thus 0.4 = 0.2 * flowrate * 2.0, so flowrate = 1.0.