Moving Creeper

Started by Narcosis, July 09, 2014, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narcosis

Can someone tell me how to pickup creeper and move it to another location over a certain period of time without picking up additional creeper while it's moving, be unaffected by terrain, and then deposit the creeper like you could in Creeper World 2?

ParkourPenguin

Well, you can spawn in a CRPL core at one location, have it pick up whatever creeper is underneath it, queue a move to some other location, then drop it off when it reaches that location.

This looked fun to do, so I made a script and a function that will move a single cell of creeper from one location to another at a specified speed. The downside is that it won't damage any player units along the way, and you must have a solid white 64x64 png for the creeper to show up while it's moving. I've attached that image to this post.

I've also attached MoveCreeperCellFunction.crpl and CreeperCarrier.crpl. The first has a basic function and an example of how you can use that function on a map- just place a CRPL tower down somewhere, attach that script, and it'll do the rest. "CreeperCarrier.crpl" is the script that's attached to the CRPL tower that moves the creeper.

The transparency of the image of the CRPL tower that's moving the creeper will change depending on how much creeper it picked up; however, I roughly guessed at the values for doing this. If you want to change them, mess around with line 29 of CreeperCarrier.crpl.

Feel free to use any of this and modify it to whatever best suits your needs. If you don't understand something I did in the script or wish for me to explain anything, please let me know. I hope this helped! :)
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
-Albert Einstein

Narcosis

Thank you  I love it ;D. I think I can get around it not damaging units  while moving by setting it to release .01 creeper each frame. It's a shame that it's hard make it like it was in creeper world 2, I thought the fields were the best part of it. It seems like they tried to get rid of it in creeper world 3.