Blaze Fortress Seige?

Started by NNR_Alex, November 13, 2013, 10:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NNR_Alex

Obviously it can be beaten, and I can almost nullify one of the emitters.  But that's after like 2 hours and being just in range, and the emitter never even gets built, even with only needing one packet.  I've got the point terraformed up and I've got I don't know how many bertha's targeting around the emitter, two are on PZ.  I've got a sheild there and several blasters and mortars going at it.  Bombers are dropping AC along the edge of the creeper and the strafers  have the digitalis under control.

Is there a trick to this map I don't know about?  Cause when I see times in like 20 minutes, I'm pretty sure I missed something.

JonneeG

My strategy for the seige was to send some guppies and shields to nullify the nests/emitters in the back first, but I think the real trick is more PZ'd Berthas  ;)

Use Terps

PZ berthas was what did it for me.  I think I had 6 to 8, and another dozen or so normal berthas.  Don't be afraid to leave a power zone unusable if an adjacent PZ bertha is too big to fit anything on it.  I think I had 5 wasted power zones, but getting an extra PZ bertha is worth it.

Atomicfrog

Same for me, i had 4 PZ'd berthas and about 24 regular berthas. With some pausing and disarming/arming, i set the berthas to fire one after another every few seconds for nearly continuous impacts.

NNR_Alex

Okay, I was about to start removing some of the PZ structures to put in more PZ berthas instead.  The one thing I wanted to make sure of is that building that many wouldn't totally ruin my energy production, guess that means I'll be making more room for reactors as well.  Thanks.

Use Terps

Strafer planes are practically useless against the density of creeper you've got to worry about there, so don't be afraid to convert a lot of those landing pads into reactors if you need to.

JF-T

I got to an emitter in about an hour, i mostly jsut used shields to keep AC out of my base (With some failure) and keep it up against the creeper, but i mostly got rid of about half of the sprayers.
Map would be a bit more easier if there was maybe some totems stacked somehwere to allow upgrades, or maybe just resource packs of the Aether, but that's just me thinking out loud :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Wheatmidge

One thing I took advantage of was the fact that everything only takes one energy to build. The base is set up quite inefficient and you can demolish the buildings to organize them better. Though I am a very one sided player. I didn't worry about anti-creeper at all. I just built lines of berthas and did as someone else said where you set them up to fire in succession so that the creeper doesn't have a chance to flow back to where your nullifier is.  The one other thing I did was I terped a platform to level 10 for the nullifier to be built on. I'm not sure if that actually helped though.

I also used a few berthas to destroy the digitalis between the back nests and the front emitters so that runners were not an issue.

avplol

PZ'd Berthas ftw here. Helps if they are shooting one after another, keeping the ground clear.

I used strafers to prevent the digitalis moving forward. And elevated the ground to level 10 before placing the nullifier.

And once you have eliminated the first emitter, don't forget that nullifiers get a bonus from the PZ too.

exostum

Here is my personnal strat in the attached screenshot

personnal time : 1H14

My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)