Custom Map #1625: Desert Fort. By: mikrogamer

Started by AutoPost, January 18, 2015, 06:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1625: Desert Fort

Author: mikrogamer
Size: 120x120

Desc:
You found this lonely asteroid after following an irregular signal. Beware of this construction on the right bottom corner that seems to cause massive abnormities. Good luck.

Jerdog

Helper

When the Spores came out of nowhere, I didn't like it, but stayed with the game.
The random Creeper popping up was a bridge too far.
Very irritating to play under these conditions.
Please reconsider including them in your next game.
H

mikrogamer

Hm... sry for this. As the author of this map I didn't think about how to know where you can build as a not involved player. Thank you for the feedback :)
Mei Englisch is not se Best. Plies forgif mie :C

Helper

Quote from: mikrogamer on January 24, 2015, 06:41:43 AM
Hm... sry for this. As the author of this map I didn't think about how to know where you can build as a not involved player. Thank you for the feedback :)
Thank you for responding.
Several of the map developers help each other over here: (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0)
A lot of them will 'pre-play' maps and provide feedback before it is submitted to the general player audience.
Looking forward to seeing the new stuff you come up with.
H

mikrogamer

Karsten75

Man, I was annoyed at this map. Unreasonably so I suspect.

There are several maps that employ the CW1 technique of "Spores from the edge" and that makes for a different defensive tactic. The random slip emitters was a tad annoying (OK, a lot!), but then I recalled that Virgil implemented them in a story map.

I didn't try the same technique as in the story map to use shields and see if that puts off the slip emitters - maybe I should have. Instead I relied on network redundancy to work around the damage to my network and also routed around spots that seemed to be permanent trouble spots.

I think it'd be an improvement to many maps if the map maker puts a message in that hints at  whether there's a technique to work around the CRPL implementations. I guess sometimes it's brute force only, though... :)

mikrogamer

Hm... yes at the beginning I WANT to make a hard and/or annoying map but I can understand your point of view.