Custom Scripts Wanted

Started by Jauq, June 22, 2014, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jauq

I am not good at making scripts so I would appreciate it if someone could help me with making these kinds of things:
1. Would it be possible to give the player a collector every 5 seconds (if you don't have infinite)?
2. Could you change the picture of build-able towers?
3. Could you make the "Terp" able to build over Void?
4. How do you make a movable character like in the Credits?
5. If 4 is possible (which i'm sure it is) could you have it and a Command Node at the same time and build collectors and pulse cannons the usual way?
6. Could a creeper emitter create a hole in the ground when nullified (as if it has exploded and created terrain damage)?

If I could get these in scripts I would greatly appreciated! Thanks

J

1. If you want to give him one for free every 5 seconds, no. Being able to build one more or a randomly placed one, yes.
2. Not recommended (much work)
3. With 'custom void' (terrain overlay and some more) :)
4. How you can open the map and find out can be found on the wiki (a link to one of the wiki pages is in my sig, but that's not the page you're looking for, you'll need the examine map resources page)
5. Most likely yes, but you'll to think about camera positions, so not recommended.

Note that a no means that it is probably possible, but that'll require much work or I just don't know how

Jauq

Well this is some good information thanks but like I said before I am not a script maker so even for the possible ones I wont be able to do it on my own. :(

Relli

3 and 6 are both possible, though not /quite/ the way you said them. The emitter creating a hole isn't too much work. But it would have to be a custom, CRPLCore emitter, and on death it would change some of the terrain around it one time.

The terp terping void is something I've given thought for my own projects, and about what I came up with was a custom unit that could be targeted at void, and at the cost of some ammo packets, would change that into a level 1 terrain tile after some time. Then regular terps could be used to change that newly created ground to any height you wanted. This can also be modified in many different ways, and it doesn't need to use ammo or build packets at all if you'd prefer.

If you would like, I can try to help you create one or both of these. (The other four are beyond my expertise)

planetfall

Quote from: Relli on June 23, 2014, 05:04:24 PM
The terp terping void is something I've given thought for my own projects, and about what I came up with was a custom unit that could be targeted at void, and at the cost of some ammo packets, would change that into a level 1 terrain tile after some time. Then regular terps could be used to change that newly created ground to any height you wanted. This can also be modified in many different ways, and it doesn't need to use ammo or build packets at all if you'd prefer.

Ahem. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15480.0
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Relli

Or, apparently, you could just use the script the amazing planetfall has already created, which I did not know existed. This makes things easier, for sure.

kwinse

Quote from: Relli on June 23, 2014, 05:04:24 PM
3 and 6 are both possible, though not /quite/ the way you said them. The emitter creating a hole isn't too much work. But it would have to be a custom, CRPLCore emitter, and on death it would change some of the terrain around it one time.
You don't even need to redo the whole emitter, just stick an invisible core under the emitter and it will die at the same time.

Flabort

Quote from: Relli on June 23, 2014, 07:47:41 PM
Or, apparently, you could just use the script the amazing planetfall has already created, which I did not know existed. This makes things easier, for sure.
Yeah, but it's slow, and of course it requires you to wrap your head around the codependance of some scripts with each other. Such as for that, you need the Constructor script, a techshrine script, the interface script, the script that lets the constructor move around, the waste_space script (so that you can't nullify the constructor and techshrine), then the Pteraformer script, and the Unit Rider script to make the Pteraformer work, plus the sprites to make it work.

I'm trying to work on a map using lots of PF's stuff, and his stuff is amazing to work with, but it's hard to use his scripts. Also, the script I'm trying to interface with his scripts isn't working. Nor are my images.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

planetfall

Actually, you should only need interface.crpl, PteroFormer.crpl, PteroFormerBase.crpl, and UnitRider.crpl (though the last isn't strictly necessary, it simply makes it a little easier for the player to use.) Then you could just plop down a pteroformer unit. The constructor and techshrine would only be needed if the player is supposed to build it. (Even then it's probably for the best to just make your own gui button for building it if that's the only special unit the player should be able to build. Such as in this map: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16158.0;topicseen) I can adapt the build button script from it if you like.

Quote from: Flabort on June 24, 2014, 03:01:47 AM
the waste_space script (so that you can't nullify the constructor and techshrine)

That's only used by the beam station and factory. A nullifiable constructor or techshrine is probably because you set the class in interface.crpl incorrectly.

Yeah... extremely complicated, probably needlessly so but I have a thing for complex interactions and modularity. I also have some updated versions of the required scripts that I can post here if you want (rather than opening up a random map and not knowing what stuff is, and all of it being outdated to boot.)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Flabort

I got most of the PF scripts that I'm working with from the version of the unreleased boss map that was last sent to me for testing. Fairly recent, I think.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)