Custom Map #3043: creeper mauler. By: creeper destroyer

Started by AutoPost, January 16, 2016, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3043: creeper mauler

Author: creeper destroyer
Size: 256x256

Desc:
first of all, i am making a series out of this. also, there might be confusion about how i did it that quickly. the awnser, bertha's, structure of the code, and lag. the thor's don't even matter. the structure of the code makes the c-command node act like an inhibitor, even to other command nodes. it's extremely laggy if you create sleeper maps and test them. finally: details of the conversation. they are important to what is going to happen later. i found the sleeper crpl on knucklecracker if you want it

TLFP

If you want to know how I got my score...
Spoiler
Just build nullifier in corner, disarm and wait, FIRE!
[close]
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

Johnny Haywire

Quotethere might be confusion about how i did it that quickly. the awnser, bertha's, structure of the code, and lag.

The only confusion I have is what this even means. Did what "that quickly"? You don't need berthas to beat this map. Just a single nullifier.

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to make maps, and I don't want to discourage you from doing that. But please take the following suggestions as me helping you make better maps:
   1) If "details of the conversation are important to what is going to happen later, please take a minute to type it in a word document that has spellcheck. And if English is a second language for you, that's great - I appreciate you working so hard to write a story in a foreign language. Several of us players (myself included) would be happy to help you with writing the dialogue in English. I don't have the time to make maps, but I'm happy to help someone who's trying to make them!

2) Be mindful of the "endgame" conditions: An inhibitor or single Sleeper node will end the game as soon as it's destroyed, so make sure they're protected

3) Don't worry about adjusting costs of things to build. There's really no need for that. Making the map too easy will make it not very fun at all for most players. (Although my 5-year-old would love it! Ha ha).

Anyway, I have more thoughts but I don't want to overload you. Thanks again for the effort you put into making these maps. You probably didn't intend them to be "instant-win" maps, but your experience will help you to know what to do next time!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Johnny Haywire

QuoteIf you want to know how I got my score...

Lol, I don't think people are going to need a spoiler for this one, mate. Then again, ya never know.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

creeper destroyer

CW4 is gonna work like trash on my computer.