Custom Map #176: Beam Me Up. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, January 30, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #176: Beam Me Up

Author: planetfall
Size: 127x95

Desc:
The mysterious power zone producing technology does not appear to be confined to one world... (This is to be a series. This series shall have no name.) #Spores #NoDigitalis #CRPL

Neoshade

Great Map. I enjoyed the 3-sided opening. Each corner was uniquely challenging, and choosing which 3 of the 4 to use made for an interesting and re-playable map.
I did have one problem though - The artificial Power Zones don't have any storage capacity. So when I had some spare guppies nearby (even though everything was already connected to the main network) the guppies would supply the PZs and when they took off to return to base for resupply, the new stream of packets coming from the Command Nodes wouldn't be able to reach the PZ in time before it blew up my unit.
It's sill really. I had to stop using any guppies back to ensure that the PZ's were getting a continuous stream of packets from the CNs.
I think they need a small storage capacity, just 10 packets would do, but 100 would allow for a round-trip of a guppy.

Flabort

They do in more recent maps. I think this was the last one without a storage capacity on the PZ Generators.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.