Maps named "UNSET"

Started by Karsten75, May 04, 2014, 10:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Can we get a consensus decision on this? I'm not terribly happy to come here in the morning and find several UNSET maps by the same author. Feels spammy.

Asbestos

I think that all of the UNSET map names should be replaced with "I am too lazy to name this map".

mzimmer74

While I agree in principle that UNSET is annoying, as far as I know there is no way to change the name of the map once you've created the project.  It's not particularly obvious when you first start with the map designer that you won't be able to change it later.  I understand that it has to be that way due to the file structure, but what if there were some kind of simple check in the code.  Something like:

If (name==UNSET) then Popup warning message about name being unchangeable.

That might keep somebody from going to a lot of work creating a world only to realize that they can't change the name.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

J

You can change the name when you upload the map.

planetfall

Also, changing the name of the folder where the project is stored will change the name that pops up in the projects screen.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

mzimmer74

Those are both good to know...I had started my first map and just tossed it when I realized I didn't set the name.  Luckily I hadn't gotten too far on it so it wasn't a big loss for me.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.