Sprayers and power nodes--intended behavior?

Started by Loren Pechtel, March 11, 2014, 11:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

When you put an energy-using weapon on a power node you get a bigger bang, apparently at no increased cost.

However, when you put a sprayer on a power node it draws more ore.

(Or is this deliberate to avoid an infinite ore mine by putting an always-on sprayer on the node and nearby ones to suck it up?)

thepenguin

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 11, 2014, 11:43:42 PM
(Or is this deliberate to avoid an infinite ore mine by putting an always-on sprayer on the node and nearby ones to suck it up?)
yes.
We have become the creeper...

Chthon

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 11, 2014, 11:43:42 PM
When you put an energy-using weapon on a power node you get a bigger bang, apparently at no increased cost.

However, when you put a sprayer on a power node it draws more ore.

Actually for energy weapons it varies.

Cannons use 60% more power for their extra firing. 4x shots .4x ammo per shot.  Base ammo per shot is .25  Base Fire rate is 4/s  Pre-power node it uses 1 packet a second.  Post power node Ammo per shot is reduced to .1, Fire rate is increased to 16.  1.6 ammo per second.

Mortars use the same amount of power for their increased fire power.

Strafers use the same amount of power as well.

Snipers use less power by 1/3 (.5/s fire rate, 5 ammo per shot base.  Power node it is 1/s fire rate 1.66 ammo per shot)

Beams are weird and hard to describe.  They draw far less power however on a power node and do far more.  Normally it costs 12.6 packets to kill one spore over 4 seconds.  Power node it costs 2 packets to kill one spore over 1 second.  It's roughly 2/3s the power drain, but it's actually a little less. 63.5% to be exact.  However due to how fast it can go through ammo, it cannot request ammo fast enough on a power node to keep up with full drain.  I'm not sure if it actually decreases drain at all due to this.

Finally the Bertha gets 3x shots for half the packet cost of a single shot.  Request rate is normal though.

On the other hand, the 2 AC units vary greatly in their request rate.

Sprayers fire 2x more AC, and request it faster, costing you more AC.

Bombers hold 4x more AC, and fire 8x more AC, effectively duplicating AC.  Yes, you load 800 AC into it and it dumps 1600.  This is due to it's double shot not using double ammo.

Karsten75

Quote from: Chthon on March 12, 2014, 01:36:11 AM

Bombers hold 4x more AC, and fire 8x more AC, effectively duplicating AC.  Yes, you load 800 AC into it and it dumps 1600.  This is due to it's double shot not using double ammo.

This bug was fixed and your numbers are wrong.

I believe PZ bombers now hold 240 units and drop it at double the rate of  normal bombers. Not sure if your other numbers are as far off as the one for bombers, but I recall this since I documented the issue for Virgil with a sample map so he could fix it.

Chthon

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 12, 2014, 08:51:20 AM
Quote from: Chthon on March 12, 2014, 01:36:11 AM

This bug was fixed and your numbers are wrong.

I believe PZ bombers now hold 240 units and drop it at double the rate of  normal bombers. Not sure if your other numbers are as far off as the one for bombers, but I recall this since I documented the issue for Virgil with a sample map so he could fix it.

I swear it was still doing this well after 1.04 where he said it was fixed.  I tested it and it still worked as late as 1.67.  Maybe it was fixed at one point, maybe it was only thought to be fixed, but it still worked for me recently.

teknotiss

just checked, pz bomber doesn't magic up free AC anymore :)
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus