How many users are there in CW3?

Started by slayer, December 04, 2013, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slayer

In a post on the CW2 boards (http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=9337.0), SmileyCoder posted a list of all members. There were 1,395 at the time.

My question is this, how many users are there in CW3?

Just curious,
Slayer

CobraKill

2280 forum members. Smiley just went here. You'd have to count either the amount of buyers of the game or the number of unique score names posted. Virgil might have that but otherwise we just have forum data.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

slayer

Thanks for the info.

FYI, I don't have access to the list you linked to, and others may be in the same boat.

But I appreciate the info just the same.

Slayer

CobraKill

Really? I thought it was open to all members. It's literally labled members between to My Messages and Chat
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Clean0nion

Quote from: slayer on December 04, 2013, 06:23:30 PM
Thanks for the info.

FYI, I don't have access to the list you linked to, and others may be in the same boat.

But I appreciate the info just the same.

Slayer
Your forum rank's currently Newbie, that's probably why. Rank up by posting more and you might get access to it.

Karsten75

Users = players?  Probably more than bought the game. :(

If you want to know how many people (including spammers) have signed up to the forum, look at the bottom, under Forum Stats. It tells you how many registered - but many of those have not been active for many years, so not an accurate number either.

Probably it will always remain a mystery exactly how many users or players there are. Many never come to the forum, many are here that don't have the game, many pirate the game and don't count, and the permutations are endless.

Hastealloy

I am one of those permutations ;D  CW2 & CW3 owner, long time forum reader, but only signed up today.

17gamer

Exactly, I have been here since before work on CW2 started, but only made an account a few months ago. I agree that many have bought the game, but don't sign up.

Shimizu

Or the opposite, been signed up for years (due to CW2) but didn't get CW3 until last week ;)  So prior to that point, I was distorting the count. 
Meow?

Nephthys

Quote from: CobraKill on December 04, 2013, 06:05:01 PM
2280 forum members. Smiley just went here. You'd have to count either the amount of buyers of the game or the number of unique score names posted. Virgil might have that but otherwise we just have forum data.

Even then, not accurate. If I am really embarrassed by my score, I use a different name. In fact, I think I've used at least 3 different names when posting my score. So, the true count will always remain a mystery. I would be curious as to the number of legitimate buyers, though.

I just hope it continues to grow as it deserves. This game should be huge! In fact, I was wondering if there were plans for CW3 to be added to the Kongregate site. Perhaps I'll start a new thread with that question. Kongregate is where I first found CW. I use yet another name there. (I have a spreadsheet to keep up). l would certainly promote it like crazy! (Along with the info that I am not affiliated with KC other than as a fan.)

Clean0nion

Quote from: Nephthys on December 07, 2013, 05:52:06 PM
Quote from: CobraKill on December 04, 2013, 06:05:01 PM

Even then, not accurate. If I am really embarrassed by my score, I use a different name. In fact, I think I've used at least 3 different names when posting my score. So, the true count will always remain a mystery. I would be curious as to the number of legitimate buyers, though.

I just hope it continues to grow as it deserves. This game should be huge! In fact, I was wondering if there were plans for CW3 to be added to the Kongregate site. Perhaps I'll start a new thread with that question. Kongregate is where I first found CW. I use yet another name there. (I have a spreadsheet to keep up). l would certainly promote it like crazy! (Along with the info that I am not affiliated with KC other than as a fan.)
That would be great as long as the full version wasn't put there. A demo with a few world, maybe a couple of featured user-made worlds, would be nice.

Nephthys

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 07, 2013, 06:12:52 PM
Quote from: Nephthys on December 07, 2013, 05:52:06 PM

In fact, I was wondering if there were plans for CW3 to be added to the Kongregate site. Perhaps I'll start a new thread with that question. Kongregate is where I first found CW. l would certainly promote it like crazy! (Along with the info that I am not affiliated with KC other than as a fan.)
That would be great as long as the full version wasn't put there. A demo with a few world, maybe a couple of featured user-made worlds, would be nice.

I completely agree. I should have said that I meant the Demo or just part of it be available to Kong.