Updated Notepad++ Syntax and autocompletion files

Started by jsmith45, October 12, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmith45

I have taken the liberty of updating the Notepad++ syntax and autocompletion file. Both were out of date. The syntax file failed to recognize certain math commands, and had some bugs related to code folding.

The auto-completion file has now the entire list of commands for the initial public release of the game, including some commands that are not even mentioned on the wiki. I excluded only commands that are intended only for internal use by the CPRL engine.

See the bottom of the CPRL Overview Wiki Page, for the links and installation instructions. Those who use Notepad++ for their CPRL editor are encouraged to update to the latest files.

albrittbrat

I have updated to the latest N++ (v6.5) and when I install the syntax file, it only changes the color of the numbers and nothing else.
Update: The old version (VirgilW's) works, the new one does not.

Thanks,
albrittbrat

Grauniad

After testing and finding that the older version works, I'm temporarily reverting the wiki update until the error is identified and corrected.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

jsmith45

Hmm.. I'm at a bit of a loss about that. My problem is that I developed that with notepad++ 6.3, and it worked for me.

At the moment, I have notepad++ 6.5 working properly with my updates. Here is a screenshot of it working. You can tell this is not the original language definition because TRUE is colored grey like the constants, rather than the magenta color of the math and equality commands.

I've uploaded the language definition as exported by Notepad++ 6.5 to a github gist. If somebody else could try downloading that version i would appreciate it. This version uses UDL 2.1, so it requires notepad++ 6.3 or later.

A word of caution:

Notepad++'s language import feature is slightly buggy. For example, it is not supposed to be possible to have two custom languages with the same name, but in certain cases you can do so via importing.

The most reliable way to update a user define language language is to remove it, restart Notepad++, import the new one, restart Notepad++ again, and then close and reopen any files that use that language definition.

eduran

Quote from: jsmith45 on October 13, 2013, 01:51:42 PM
If somebody else could try downloading that version i would appreciate it. This version uses UDL 2.1, so it requires notepad++ 6.3 or later.

Works for me on notepad++ 6.5.

joshuad156

Quote from: jsmith45 on October 13, 2013, 01:51:42 PMIf somebody else could try downloading that version i would appreciate it.

Works fine for me on Notepad++ v6.5

Thanks for the updates!  This was really bugging me a few nights ago.  =D