Custom Map #2423: The Creeper Volcano (Project Cyclope Pt. 1)

Started by AutoPost, August 14, 2013, 05:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2423: The Creeper Volcano (Project Cyclope Pt. 1)

Author: Men Dude

Desc:
You arrived at Volceenir (a.k.a. Pre-Pre-Historic Earth). It is full of volcanoes and you just teleported to one of them! Stop it and save yourself from being destroyed!

Imposter

Overall a good map, with a decent story. Some constructive criticism:

1. I find it annoying when emitters are given a bunch of extra health when it feels like all it does is make the game take longer.

2. I spent the last few minutes of my game time just collecting the ore surrounding the dark beam, while everything else was destroyed/collected. Maybe don't put so much ore surrounding it.

Katra

I too spent about 5 minutes collecting ore (after all creeper etc was killed) to clear the path to the dark beam.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Men Dude

Ok, thank you, I will reduce the ore.
But I want players to be forced to get prepared for what is coming, thus you will end up making AC (maybe...).
And I will reduce the health of some emitters.

EDIT: How do I edit maps?

teknotiss

Quote from: Men Dude on August 22, 2013, 08:20:45 PM
EDIT: How do I edit maps?
once a map is published you can't edit that version, but you can load the map in the editor and make changes (also edit the title) and save it and it's a new version.
however very minor changes may be rejected during the map moderation process, as the mapmods (in general) frown upon playing multiple versions of extremly similar maps.  ;)
perhaps just bear this advice in mind for future maps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus