Main Menu

Question on Creeper

Started by Kingo, January 18, 2013, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

How fast is the creeper evaporation value?
Like, if you set interval of creeper released (in an emmitter) to 4, and intensity to 3. What would the values be then?
I want to make a map with emitters that produce some creeper, and then the creeper evaporates shortly afterwards. I've made emitters on other maps that do this, but for some reason I can't replicate it on my own map.

lurkily

That would depend largely on what constitutes an 'interval' in CW3.

I suspect any amount of creeper that would constitute a threat would have to erupt infrequently to fully evaporate.  As in, you might not even see an eruption if you finish the level fast enough.  Also, if I recall, evaporation is only on exposed edges of creeper, yes?  So evaporation rates aren't consistent.

Kingo

TrickyDragon

as far as i know the evaporation is the same in both games, and as lurkily said, evap rate is just enough,  the amount of time for a level 1 emittion could be around 30 min on flat terrain...
This is Life,  Life happens.

Kingo

Well I have been playing around with CW1 map editor values, and it seems the emitters must have crazonium walls on 4 sides in a diamond pattern around the emitter, and the emitter must be on higher ground then the level you wish to flood then evaporate, and repeat.
The interval for the emitter is 8 seonds, and the amount of creeper is 0.3

Kithros

Creeper evaporation only happens on very low densities of creeper (in CW2 any creeper density that is 10 or less will disappear on the next frame). If you have a room full of creeper and wait 304968869 hours, it still won't evaporate - however, if you have a room with fields that push the creeper from side to side it could evaporate huge densities still as it leaves low density creeper behind.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of how it works in CW1, but I'm fairly certain it's the same (except that in CW1 you aren't given the ability in game to measure how much density of creeper there is in an area - one level of creeper is not necessarily the exact same amount of creeper everywhere but a certain range of densities), so if you get enough creeper to actually fill an area with creeper and the creeper is no longer spreading anywhere, it won't simply evaporate if you continue to wait, no matter how long you waited.

Short Answer: There is no evaporation rate, creeper evaporation is only the removing of very low densities of creeper.

Kingo

Thank you for the information.
I can see that it is impossible to figure out the actual rate, as it seems that creeper only evaporates when its going down a slope.
I just thought that Virgil specifically programmed an evaporation rate into creeper. And on CW1 I have noticed that isolated creeper does evaporate all by itself after some time.