Guppies and Forward Bases

Started by Ronini, February 21, 2013, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGMFH

Quote from: hoodwink on March 20, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: Shrike30 on March 19, 2013, 04:19:16 PM
Or Disable/Disconnect the guppy when you want ore service to go elsewhere.
Shouldn't disabling and disconnecting a guppy accomplish the same thing? Since it's job is to move around packets...
Just rambling.

No.  Id think disconnect would mean Dont do anything at all.  Disable would mean fill up the guppy, but dont  launch it yet.

hoodwink

Quote from: BGMFH on March 20, 2013, 04:02:14 PM
Quote from: hoodwink on March 20, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: Shrike30 on March 19, 2013, 04:19:16 PM
Or Disable/Disconnect the guppy when you want ore service to go elsewhere.
Shouldn't disabling and disconnecting a guppy accomplish the same thing? Since it's job is to move around packets...
Just rambling.

No.  Id think disconnect would mean Dont do anything at all.  Disable would mean fill up the guppy, but dont  launch it yet.
Ah, good point. Good clarification, that person.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Shrike30

The only behavioral difference I could imagine between the two is that Disconnect might cause the Guppy platform to stop reloading, whereas Disable might cause the Guppy platform to stop reloading AND cause the Guppy to return home.  Not a huge deal either way.

4xC

I assume "Disable" is actually "Disarm"?  ??? I know what Disconnect, Disarm, and Deactivate means, but I have not seen "Disable" before.

If you look and try it in CW2, Disconnected units do not receive packets, but they still operate and use up the energy they got until they run out. Thus, Guppies would not take in more packets and would either do the same thing it would do if it was Deactivated, or it would fly off with the incomplete load you leave it with.

If you Deactivate a Guppy or any unit, it would neither receive packets, nor function as if it had energy in it. And one more thing for clarity, Disarming a unit means you want it to receive packets, but you do not want to use them. "Building up a force" as the CW manuals will tell you is a way of saying "prepare a group of weapons for a big fight in which reserve energy will be harder to come by otherwise.
C,C,C,C

Shrike30