Custom Map: Gotta Fly (Fixed)

Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2010, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Gotta Fly (Fixed)

Author: themaskedcrusader

Desc:
The original "Gotta Fly" allowed you to move the city, which I overlooked. This time, you gotta do the level the right way, not by simply flying to the totems. Fixed!

HiredGun

Hey idiot! I liked the map but impossible to finish with Relay tech on the other side of the valley that requires relay tech to cross.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: HiredGun on September 11, 2010, 09:49:50 AM
Hey idiot! I liked the map but impossible to finish with Relay tech on the other side of the valley that requires relay tech to cross.

If youll notice here there is a completion time for this map. So the map isnt impossible. You just need to try again. Please refrain from calling people "Idiots" especially when its your first post on these forums. We try to keep a friendly atmosphere around here. Maybe there is a trick to beating this map...

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on September 11, 2010, 11:33:10 AM

If youll notice here there is a completion time for this map. So the map isnt impossible. You just need to try again. Please refrain from calling people "Idiots" especially when its your first post on these forums. We try to keep a friendly atmosphere around here. Maybe there is a trick to beating this map...

Agreed. There is a trick, just not one I prefer to do for obvious reasons. But I had to try the map after reading the comment. Keep making maps, your terrain was good.  :)

Pyxis_GeeK

Yeah I just finished as well. It was tough but very possible. :D

Karsten75

While the map make might not deserve the appellation you gave him, I will say this. he may not like flying the city, but he has no problem with flying a unit....

themaskedcrusader

There is a trick, it's a stupid trick and the same trick is required for other maps here.  I marked the map accordingly as expert only

Timwi

If you feel the trick is a stupid trick, why do you make a map that relies on it?  ???

themaskedcrusader

I refer to it as a stupid trick because it's the only advanced technique I know.  The trick is pretty plantanly obvious here with the landing pads at either side of the pit...

robroy81

I don't understand how its possible. I would think by the map and by the authors "landing pad" comment i would have to move odin city. It wont move. What gives?

robroy81

sigh... i got it. very tricky and hard