Custom Map #1333: Karte 6

Started by AutoPost, August 08, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1333: Karte 6

Author: null

Desc:

KernoX

sorry man, but this map is very hard :( .... phantoms .... so many phantoms ....too much

peter

This was a difficult map to get started, may well play it again now I have some idea what I am doing.

Spoiler
Once I managed to get rid of the 2 central phantom factories it became easier, should have tried to do that first.
[close]

I sure am glad for a save button though!

Bongo

Sometimes I download maps that have very bad reviews just to see why, and then forget that and actually try to play them. This is one of those maps.

The map is really interesting with a lot of choices. I think the only real problem is that there is no way to beat the map (that I can see) without spending a lot of time staring at the screen doing nothing. I have a TV next to my computer so it didn't bother me. One needs to feel that he is making SOME progress in order to keep the interest up. I hope to see your next maps, which I'm sure will be much better. ;)

Edit: I just looked through your map repertoire and realized you are not a newbie map maker. Some of the maps you have made are truly awesome (some not). You should know better than to make a turkey like this. :P

teknotiss

got to disagree with the negative views here.
this map is really unforgiving, which is good.
and it requires some forward planning with a real scramble to get phatoms coils up and keep them charged. i loved this map.
cheers dude, nice one.  8)

@Bongo not sure if a 17 min time can count as "a lot of time staring at the screen doing nothing." are you commenting on the wrong map? not having a go, just confused. i took over 30 mins and at no point was bored, rage quit twice in frustration, but not bored. ;) perhaps my crappy tactics kept me busy?  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Bongo

I just figured out the score bug. Does anyone else know about this?. When you submit a score it takes your best time and your best score separately. I played it once as fast a possible to the get the 16:00 (ish) (It was still a little tedious). And then replayed it to get the score gems which took me about 35:00. So the scoreboard took my 16:00 time and my 26,000 score from different games.

I guess why I commented is that this map is sooooo close to being great. I played it like 5 times (I rarely replay maps) to see if there was something I was missing, like surviving the 2:54 phantom assault with ANY crystals left. I want to modify this map and resubmit it but it's not my map. :'(

teknotiss

Quote from: Bongo on August 12, 2012, 02:33:39 PM
I just figured out the score bug. Does anyone else know about this?. When you submit a score it takes your best time and your best score separately. I played it once as fast a possible to the get the 16:00 (ish) (It was still a little tedious). And then replayed it to get the score gems which took me about 35:00. So the scoreboard took my 16:00 time and my 26,000 score from different games.

I guess why I commented is that this map is sooooo close to being great. I played it like 5 times (I rarely replay maps) to see if there was something I was missing, like surviving the 2:54 phantom assault with ANY crystals left. I want to modify this map and resubmit it but it's not my map. :'(

seperate time and score is known, doubt it was a bug.
most authors will be ok with the map being tweeked by another, as long as you make it clear in the map description and info box that it is a reworked map, i think that this is ok from knucklecrackers point of view.
if not just be inspired to make a better map with the bits you like in it.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

chwooly

Once again, I have tried to play this map and find it enjoyable but I just can't do it. Overloading with phantoms just makes no sense, I have a very high end machine and it lags when the phantoms come out. I will try 1 more time but to be honest this is just a thumbs down for me. And the creeper column at 8:40 is really over the top for me. I appreciate making the maps but if they can't be difficult without being overpowering then whats the point.

Thanks anyway. But this 1 isn't for me.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Strubbel

Hm i wonder why it's lagging at a high end pc...
On my 2006 laptop with a simple dual core and little RAM (and a win7-incompatible graphics card driver ^^) there is very little lag... But I've turned off all the graphics options like mist effects etc...

I only got problems on maps with very much terrain, which is digged out by gateways...