Custom Map #1177: Defense of Etrinel (The Landing)

Started by AutoPost, June 07, 2012, 09:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1177: Defense of Etrinel (The Landing)

Author: Kerwal

Desc:
The Colony of Etrinel is endangered by an old enemy thought long dead. As the old cloud of creeper and emmiters neared the colony through space defense bunkers and shields were turned on. But knowing from the past that they could not hold. A deserate attempt to exacuate the colonists begins. This is my first map please rate to see if I should continue the story.

viper00900

Loved the map, great story, little hard, didn't manage to save the shielded power area, but got everything else.  I'd be willing to play the next map!!  Make more like this!
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

Kerwal

Thanks, and the shielded area up top is ment to be lost as part of the story  :)

viper00900

I almost had it the second time haha. timing seems to be a big thing, loved it, if i could vote again, i would :P
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

teknotiss

i saved most of the shielded area first time. woo woo!  8)
and was paying so much attention to the top area i nearly forgot about the creeper on the lower levels  :o
great map dude, make some more!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

RichieRich

Real nice map thanks.

Spoiler
Choose the beacon range tech at the start  ;)
[close]

Helper

M4ck

Quite an interesting map :) rather challenging if played "as should" be played, but gets very easy if the very first thing one does is increasing beacon range so that dark beam is online. Immediately send a mirror to direct the beam just above the first level of power system and you're almost done :)

grega

Nice. A very delicate beginning, but then things fall right into place once the perimeter is secured with the "orbital defense laser." I like it. Thanks for the map.