Custom Map #256: Day 24: Elimination

Started by AutoPost, September 30, 2011, 03:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #256: Day 24: Elimination

Author: J

Desc:
Get through the factory and get the capsule! It will be eliminated quickly! ----- This map is NOT supported by knucklecracker

Colin

I really had fun with this one J, I may have to
play it again for a better score though.  ::)

I'll have to open it up on the editor to see how
you did all these fields, awesome use of them.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

The Gas Man !!!

this is hard map but very nice good job  ;)

Grun

Some fo the best use of fields/tele i seen. About half way through but keep restarting as think of a quicker way of doing things etc.

Cant wait to see more from you

Grun

J

Thanks to all! 8)

Hint: Use shields to block teleporting creeper!

Current stats about next map:

Title: Day 25: Final escape
Height: 22
Emitters: 4
Gateways: 3 (with dig packets: 3)
max emitter strength: 2000Million :o

Cavemaniac

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

DeaconSlim

Hmmm....not getting this one.

I get the shields to block the teleporting creeper....but it takes too long to get past the emitters at the top...is there a trick that I'm missing?

J

To nullify the emitters quickly:
Spoiler
Build a few reactors so you have at least 6 energy production. When you need to dig to get more rectors dig to the right side just above the solid terrain. Then nullify the 7th emitter from left while slowly expanding energy collection. After that keep nullifying till all top emitters are gone. (when you need to kill the 7 emitters on the right start with the 1th from right) You can do this without killing creeper and you should have enough energy to move on now. Once all those emitters are gone you can start killing creeper. (note that there will be no more creeper emitted as long you don't open the final chamber)
[close]

DeaconSlim

Yea that's what I've been doing....but then when I attack the creeper in the square pit on the left, and then move to the cavern below, it's 20:00 by then and the capsule is destroyed

J

Ok, then I'll create a little walkthrough. Pics are coming...
Edit: pics uploaded, note that this is not my best time, but I still got the capsule in 19 mins

legoboy