Custom Map: Snakes

Started by AutoPost, March 17, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Snakes

Author: Tiuipuv

Desc:
To get the best time will probably require getting some upgrades, but not all of them. Good luck choosing which ones, if any.

Good timing is required on when to begin weapon construction.

Tiuipuv

How is everyone doing this map? Are you building blasters, or only mortars? How much energy were you producing?
What?! Why? How? Just work, you field!

cvtfwlbt

I crawled up to 5 energy, with a mortar and 4 blasters, then started gaining ground. Then I built up some serious energy and I relaxed, probably too much  :) Nice map! With just the right amount of space.

Tiuipuv

For those of you who want to figure it out yourselves, you should probably do the map before reading this.

Spoiler
My strategy was to build several collectors, then a mortar. Several more collectors, another mortar. 2 reactors, another mortar. With 3 mortars I was able to defend the entire starting area, with them disarmed about half the time. I then almost filled it with reactors (probably about 7), and built 2 drones. With the 2 drones, and another mortar on the next snake, I quickly expanded over the entire high ground and connected the totems. Perhaps a speed node or 2 instead of reactors would have sped the last part up. I never found it time effective to get the upgrades, but figured somebody more experienced with their value would know how to do it.
[close]
What?! Why? How? Just work, you field!

CtopherMI

I've started this one a couple times but haven't finished.  At first I was going to only build a mortar and some drones, along with relays, but then decided to quit and try with blasters, but again, found that was too time consuming.  I think getting one upgrade would be helpful before tackling all the reactors needed for energy.