Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1047: Mk7 Attack

Author: DrViktor
Size: 480x270

Desc:
Destroy all enemy structures

CyberDyneSystems

I'm afraid to say that I found it disappointing. "Mk7 Attack" would imply we are going to have quite a fleet battle on our hands.
Instead, all you do is wait for the custom fleet to be built and then mop up a little village with an overwhelming force and no resistance.
Give us something to fight with all those heavy guns.

Using the same map, you could stock up that enemy territory with huge scripted capital ships that will give your 5 gun line of battle ships a challenge. We need to be harassed while we are building the fleet, otherwise it's just a waiting game. Go get a cup of coffee and come back.

Give us a reason to want to take the middle ground with Omnis,. make it almost required, and make it hard to achieve. In this map, there was no reason to bother, and if we wanted to, it would have been child's play. Easier to just fly those mammoth 5 gunners, and hexa-lathes right over the interfering terrain and blow all those inactive ship spawners to smithereens.

DrViktor

Thanks for the analysis. It was only the second map I have made and was only for a test to see how well it goes. The other 2 maps I have created are "I Lathe You' and "Volcanic Eruption". I have started to make a new map that I will probably call "MK7 Attack" or something along those lines. I will use your ideas to make it better.