Minimalst "bug" - Window Position on startup

Started by Nardian, January 12, 2014, 07:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardian

Hey,

I'll put it short:
It is not really a "bug", but quite annoying. I have dual-monitor, one above the other (same resolutions). When I start CW3 (Win7 64bit), the window positions itself in the center of both monitors. It would be great if it could store the last position and load that again.

I know thats a very minimal issue, so close this thread if you want, but I would really appriciate if that could be fixed someday :)

cheers, Nardian

ps.: great trilogy :)

MadMag

This is a problem with your setup I think. I think I can remember I had this problem with dual monitors (side by side) a long time ago. I guess I fixed it in the graphic card settings.

eduran

I do have a somewhat similar problem on a single monitor. When I exit CW3 with the window maximized, it will be shifted by a few dozen pixels (see screenshot) the next time I start the game. Both position and size carry over to the next startup just fine if the window is not maximized.

Grauniad

Quote from: Nardian on January 12, 2014, 07:49:28 AM
Hey,

I'll put it short:
It is not really a "bug", but quite annoying. I have dual-monitor, one above the other (same resolutions). When I start CW3 (Win7 64bit), the window positions itself in the center of both monitors. It would be great if it could store the last position and load that again.

I know thats a very minimal issue, so close this thread if you want, but I would really appriciate if that could be fixed someday :)

cheers, Nardian

ps.: great trilogy :)
It's a "Unity thing" and not something Virgil has control over. What I found works is to play in Windowed mode and to make the window almost as big as the monitor I want to play on,  a few pixels smaller. Now I get that I can use my other monitor without the game being disrupted and I get as near fullscreen. And the startup window is in the right place. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nardian

Quote from: Grauniad on January 12, 2014, 11:14:04 AM
It's a "Unity thing" and not something Virgil has control over. What I found works is to play in Windowed mode and to make the window almost as big as the monitor I want to play on,  a few pixels smaller. Now I get that I can use my other monitor without the game being disrupted and I get as near fullscreen. And the startup window is in the right place. :)

Ah, good to know... thought there would be something simple like "window.setPosition(int, int);" in unity or something like that... anyways, i guess this can be closed.
Thanks for help :)