Does Tormented Space Still Work?

Started by TormentedUser, January 15, 2022, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TormentedUser

When I try to go to Tormented Space, it boots me back to my most recently played map on Arc Eternal. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (Steam version), but it didn't fix it. Is Tormented Space still possible to access for anyone else?

Builder17

Quote from: TormentedUser on January 15, 2022, 10:09:20 PM
When I try to go to Tormented Space, it boots me back to my most recently played map on Arc Eternal. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (Steam version), but it didn't fix it. Is Tormented Space still possible to access for anyone else?

Works correctly to me, I believe that your save file has somehow gotten corrupted. :(

But you could try attaching the log file in your response post, in case there's any useful information in it.
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16476.0

"Steam Windows (STEAM Version)
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\output_log.txt"
(Note that x86 won't be present if you are on a 32 bit system)"

Karsten75

Quote from: TormentedUser on January 15, 2022, 10:09:20 PM

As a matter of curiosity, are you using Microsoft OneDrive or a similar, cloud-based file backup system?

TormentedUser

Thanks everybody!

Kartsen75, I'm using BackBlaze for PC backup and Dropbox for filesharing, not OneDrive though.

Builder17, my log was large (31MB) so I made a copy and cleared out the original, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and tried to access Tormented Space. I attached that new log file, although I don't see much that's useful in it, maybe someone else can see something I don't.

knucracker

The first thing is reboot your whole system and try again.  There could be something as simple as a locked file that is causing the problem.

If that doesn't work, then disable steam cloud for CW3.  Right click the game in steam and go to properties, then uncheck steam cloud.  Each time you start the game it will restore any files you delete if you don't disable this first.

After that, you can try renaming this file:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\sectors\internal\200\sector.dat
Just rename it to sector.dat.bak (anything other than sector.dat).  That will reset your location with tormented space.  Make sure to do this while the game is NOT running.

If that doesn't work, then you can start removing/renaming more files in the documents\CreeperWorld3\ directory.
This file is another one to try: c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\systemstats.dat
And of course the entire Tormented Space sector is stored in this directory:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\sectors\internal\200

TormentedUser

That worked! I renamed the file in the 3rd paragraph (...\sectors\internal\sector.dat) with cloud saves disabled and I was able to enter Tormented Space. I was then able to turn cloud saves back on everything seems to be working fine!

By the way, are you a dev at Knuckle Cracker? I've been playing Creeper World games since the flash days, I'm a huge fan! Thank you very much for your hard work!

teknotiss

Quote from: TormentedUser on January 18, 2022, 09:51:23 AM
That worked! I renamed the file in the 3rd paragraph (...\sectors\internal\sector.dat) with cloud saves disabled and I was able to enter Tormented Space. I was then able to turn cloud saves back on everything seems to be working fine!

By the way, are you a dev at Knuckle Cracker? I've been playing Creeper World games since the flash days, I'm a huge fan! Thank you very much for your hard work!

V is the dev at KC... one man band sort of thing, but he does contract out the music i know.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus