Custom Map #2563: PAC -interference- FIXED. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2021, 10:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2563: PAC -interference- FIXED

Author: Vertu
Size: 200x120

Freed

Perhaps a bit to easy - even with the bad guys (second option). As long as you got enough launcher you just don´t care about them.

Vertu

Quote from: Freed on November 13, 2021, 12:14:45 PM
Perhaps a bit to easy - even with the bad guys (second option). As long as you got enough launcher you just don´t care about them.
That is a good thing for if you don't know my history.... I make missions that are too hard. lol
Or at least that is the impression I have gotten from others. So this being easy is actually a good thing.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

ha11oga11o

Quote from: Vertu on November 13, 2021, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: Freed on November 13, 2021, 12:14:45 PM
That is a good thing for if you don't know my history.... I make missions that are too hard. lol
Or at least that is the impression I have gotten from others. So this being easy is actually a good thing.

No worries, your reputation is still somewhat safe. It was so hard for me that i gave up. Was not using launchers at all thou.

But still, thanks for map.

Cheers! :)

knightace

Fixed =] Got my 7minute submission.

Yes launchers make this a bit cheese; otherwise it's pretty good storytelling. If making any additional maps based on this strat; I would suggest putting an ERN'd sniper/missile launcher far enough away so it doesn't interfere with play; but also doesn't allow launcher-spam to strike places too soon (ie; unlocking more launchers through playing the map to beat it are fine).

I like the ability to make choices that changes the context of the map. Pretty cool.

Vertu

Quote from: knightace on November 13, 2021, 09:47:10 PM
I like the ability to make choices that changes the context of the map. Pretty cool.
And a nightmare to code... I question how the PAC scripts have been coded honestly.
Heck... I may revise the script which I partially did already.
Although the branching choice was a nightmare to get working, I will be doing these content options in my future PAC maps and maybe even my other maps.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

GadgetBoy

Those fighters make easy mode impossible. Maybe a cap on how many of them the AI is allowed to have? I couldn't get into the last quadrant because of all of those advanced units.

Really poor form making a map that has units that we can't do anything about.

Vertu

Quote from: GadgetBoy on November 14, 2021, 02:54:57 AM
Those fighters make easy mode impossible. Maybe a cap on how many of them the AI is allowed to have? I couldn't get into the last quadrant because of all of those advanced units.

Really poor form making a map that has units that we can't do anything about.
Ever heard of the Lure?
Also there is a cap.

GadgetBoy

Ever heard of the Lure?
Also there is a cap.
[/quote]

I think you need to test the fighters' reactions to the lures, because in my game? They ignored them.

Vertu

Quote from: GadgetBoy on November 15, 2021, 02:22:48 PM

I think you need to test the fighters' reactions to the lures, because in my game? They ignored them.
They are very interested in the lure. I have used it on them.

knightace

Quote from: GadgetBoy on November 15, 2021, 02:22:48 PM

Ever heard of the Lure?
Also there is a cap.

[/quote]

Strange...I can affirm I tested the first option and used the lure. Some fighters seemed to gravitate particularly toward the lures- but when there were multiple they spread out a bit. So I only bothered using a lure close to where i was trying to advance- seemed to work fine.

SteveCarlo

the lure worked a little.   it took the fighters time to notice it so they were still pounding the emitters until then.   I'm just stuck

Vertu

I am mesmerized how the consensus of this map range from 1-10. Do people expect to just place Emitters and win? Or something like that..

I will say it very clearly. The lure works on the Fighters. Any unit that uses "FindUnitEnemy" for targeting with deepest set to true will target the lure. The fighters are applicable to this for targeting only, not for where they decide to go until they encounter a lure in "Rouge" AI mode, which is the default AI of the PAC enabled Fighters. (Will update my forum post of the VAUs in another update).

Fireswamp

Quote from: Vertu on November 17, 2021, 10:01:31 AM
The lure works on the Fighters.

I will add that the mortar lure needs to be activated by having 2 thick creeper on its tile.  Once it is activated you do not need to keep creeper on it, but you can't get an active lure where you don't have creeper.

Vertu

Quote from: Fireswamp on November 17, 2021, 11:00:12 AM
I will add that the mortar lure needs to be activated by having 2 thick creeper on its tile.  Once it is activated you do not need to keep creeper on it, but you can't get an active lure where you don't have creeper.
Actually is greater than 1. All of them are.
WHY DID HE/SHE NOT USE EQUAL ASPECTS?!??!??!??
The main thing is how you only need 1 cell to have >1 Creeper depth. Making it the easiest to place.