Custom Map #1195: KSF Map 3. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 26, 2018, 02:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1195: KSF Map 3

Author: FOXX
Size: 260x112

Desc:
Kajacx - Sorrontis - Foxx Map 3 2 Mechanics combined in 1 Map. You have only 1 MireSpawner to Destroy and you get 64 Scrap. Create your ships (and Build your items) to Destroy that MireSpawner.

FOXX

3rd Map with the Ship Alooone Upgrade System (by Kajacx) combined with the System used in Map 1181 - Build a Bear (by Sorrontis).

Build a Bear System info

Press CRTL + Y to Build an Energy Mine
Press CRTL + U to Build a TiconDefenseGun
Press CRTL + H to Build an Emitter
Press CRTL + J to Buld an AmpGem

ALL Items will be Build at Current Mouse Position. Then Lathe it.
ALL Items do NOT have Increased Cost.
You can Delete a placed Item by hoovering over with the Mouse and Press CTRL + X.
[close]

Ship Upgrade System info 1

- You Start with 64 Scrap, ShipLevel 0 and 0 LevelPoints.

- Max Shipsize Ship 1 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 2 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 3 = 8x8 Modules

- In this Map the Level System does not work.

- Destroying an Enemy Ship gives 250 Exp and a 0.5 % change to leave 1 Scrap behind.

- You get a game event tag if you don't have enough Scrap to Upgrade or Level to Unlock.

- Each time you Upgrade your Ship your Upgraded Ship needs to be Rebuild and If the Upgradable Ship has an AmpGem on it you have to pick up the AmpGem after each Upgrade. Sorry, but there was no other way for this.
[close]

Ship Upgrade System info 2

It´s about collecting Scrap for Upgrade Parts and Destroying Particles to Level Up and Unlock more Modules.

Press CTRL+F for the Upgrade Options then Select the Ship you want to Upgrade and place the Ship in the Map.
Select which Part you want and place the Part in the Map - Shift for Info on Upgrade Parts.
Then Select the Ship Layout you want and Place that into the Map.
Now you have your Upgraded Ship ready to Build.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+F for the Unlock Options.
From here you can Select what Module you want to Unlock If you have the Matching Level.
Press Shift on Parts for Unlock Info.

After you Upgrade a Ship there may be an issue where the other Ship is Build on the map but in the ShipSlot it's not build. There is no way around this so keep an eye out for that. If the Ship is on the Map it's OK.

2 Tips:
- Upgrading works under Pause.
- You can do more Upgrades before Building your Upgraded Ship.

Lastly -> For the Building Time its best to have an AmpGem on Move/Build Speed Increase.

Let's Create our Custom Ships and Build some stuff :)
[close]

Module Costs

Module Costs:
ModuleScrapLevel
Lathe (L)32
Cannon (n)21
Cannon+ (N)22
Missile (m)21
Missile+ (M)22
Discharger (D)32
Engine (E)22
Grabber (B)22
Energy Tank (T)33
Reactor (R)23
Shield (S)34
MK7 (K)45
Fighter Base (F)55
Missiles+ (Y)45
Missiles (y)35
Cannons+ (Z)45
Cannons (z)35
Orbs (1)33
Particle Maker (4)44
Custom Reactor (5)23
Particle Bomb (6)22
CW3 Bomber (7)34
CW3 Strafer (8)34
[close]

Enjoy :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Durikkan

Just for fun, I beat it without moving any ships or omnis. (I tried to do this on KSF 2 but apparently having hundreds of energy mines creates immense lag  :P )
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

FOXX

Quote from: Durikkan on July 26, 2018, 04:35:30 PM
Just for fun, I beat it without moving any ships or omnis. (I tried to do this on KSF 2 but apparently having hundreds of energy mines creates immense lag  :P

Hi Durikkan

Welcome to the forum.
Very interesting approach you have there :)
Next one will be an extended version of this map.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

bgzzz

Two hacky was to win the map :

Spoiler
As Durikkan said, build a chain of mines emitter and canon

[close]

Spoiler
Other way to win: destroy your ship. Place it again exactly at the center of the ennemy ship, in order to make cockpits collide. You may have to try a few times, but the ennemy ship will explode and let the path the emitter free.
[close]

FOXX

Nice screenshot bgzzz,

the 2nd option is the notorious HQ Bomb. Going to prevent that in the next Map.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Brilliand

After I speedran it, I tried to beat it by using a mass of energy mines to build emitters under the enemy ship, and it... didn't work: the later emitters I placed kept disappearing as soon as they finished building.  I had to resort to using cannons.

GoodMorning

The Emitters are capped due to an engine limitation - more particles, more memory, more processing.

Being able to re-deploy them would be interesting. Hmm ... when I have time, a "tugboat" might be a good module to script, if the UI proves doable.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

And how many Emitters would be the max cap?

I never went so far to try that.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Durikkan

I think the script has the same 10 unit cap that Sorrontis mentions.  After you build the 11th one, the tenth one disappears and is replaced by the 11th, and that one would again be replaced by 12th.  I tested it during KSF 2.
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

FOXX

Quote from: Durikkan on July 28, 2018, 10:10:20 AM
I think the script has the same 10 unit cap that Sorrontis mentions.  After you build the 11th one, the tenth one disappears and is replaced by the 11th, and that one would again be replaced by 12th.  I tested it during KSF 2.

Thanks for the Info Durrikan,

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

hbarudi

What is the purpose of this map since there is no hq must survive, send him to die, then place him again to die a second time directly in the center of the giant enemy ship, then place hq third time to kill the mire thing at the end...

FOXX

Quote from: hbarudi on March 26, 2020, 04:33:22 AM
What is the purpose of this map since there is no hq must survive, send him to die, then place him again to die a second time directly in the center of the giant enemy ship, then place hq third time to kill the mire thing at the end...
To destroy a big enemy ship with the ships you decide to build for this task.
Or you can HQ Bomb the big ship as you did (and as mentioned above)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!