Possible bug/epic failure+ a suggestion

Started by haloguy48, December 12, 2009, 09:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haloguy48

Bug/failure is that when 1 part of wall is on the emitter, it will not emit. MEANING, another emitter must attack the walls. although, it does give me a good idea for maps now its like this. So its up to the community to decide if this is a bug.

My suggestion, have a Bugs Section... I feel icky placing a Bug complaint into a Gameplay Discussion. Its like posting a Suggestion into an Introductory Forum, its not supposed to be  :P

EDIT: it seems the 2nd creeper that surrounds it CANNOT KILL THE WALL.... funny...
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

knucracker

Yeah, I'm aware of the emitter on top of wall thing.  Basically, my suggestion is don't do that :)
The way wall damage is calculated is a complex little thing... even more complex now that terrain height is taken into consideration.  In general I just don't put emitters on top of a wall segment.

Now it is ok to surround an emitter completely by walls, just not have a wall piece directly underneath an emitter in a custom map.

haloguy48

Quote from: virgilw on December 12, 2009, 11:35:09 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of the emitter on top of wall thing.  Basically, my suggestion is don't do that :)
The way wall damage is calculated is a complex little thing... even more complex now that terrain height is taken into consideration.  In general I just don't put emitters on top of a wall segment.

Now it is ok to surround an emitter completely by walls, just not have a wall piece directly underneath an emitter in a custom map.

Yeah, I was thinking of having an emitter start capped by a wall, than have a 2nd emitter from like across the map Un-Cap it... than you have to go through holy hell to cap both. Kind of like a Creeper timed than an actual Emitter Times effect.  But as you said, it doesn't work that way.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Aurzel

that would have been a nice idea but eh, just dont cap emitters with walls lol