Custom Map #956: O.o OMG?

Started by AutoPost, March 15, 2012, 05:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #956: O.o OMG?

Author: Vayn The Great

Desc:
This map was intended for the purpose of testing out my own abilitys. Unfortunitly i was unable to beat it without a dark gun due to the amount of creeper and nexus's, However with the addition of just a single dark gun I was able to best this mission. So i have limited the experimentials to only 1 dark gun and nothing else... It is my first map, enjoy and look for more. P.S. Try beating it without using the dark gun you'll see what i mean lol.

fitz

An interesting map. Certainly made me think.

North Korean

100+ digging sites with 2 fast diggers make the game little bit laggy.

vaynthegreat

Yes i will agree though for my first map i dont think i did to horrible i even slowed down the dig sites before i was able to complete it and upload it it was much much harder i couldnt seem to beat it at all the dig sites litterally dug all the way to you.    For those of you who did not like this map please let me know why it would give me something to improve on constructive criticism can be a good thing thanks for input everyone.

SmileyCoder

I liked your use of the dark beam. Most times giving the player a dark beam makes the map trivial, but your architecture at the top, combined with the limit on only 1 dark beam did add some complexity to it.

All over the map has some good areas, I just think it was a tad to large, and some of the sections in the middle got quite repetitive.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

vaynthegreat

thanks :) thats the kind of feed back i need i agree the middle is a bit repetitive i had it a lot harder the dig sites led almost all the way to the ship but you couldnt build anything fast enough the top of the map was where i had hoped most would have issues as to where to place the dark gun due to no mirrors.