Custom Map #795: Super Vs Super 2. By: Musku Enterprises Ltd.

Started by AutoPost, May 31, 2017, 08:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #795: Super Vs Super 2

Author: Musku Enterprises Ltd.
Size: 500x500

Desc:
After 6 months of duty, tensions between Ticon and his XO are palpable. However, they need to focus and finish this last battle before they can go on leave. Assemble the fleet before the enemy can construct their Supers and wipe you out!

stdout

Having fun playing, half way through the map, and a stray MK1 hits my CN (which was safely hiding at the bottom of the map) and it's game over.

Never did save during play. Not going to start over.

smackmud

@stdout Sucks man.  Don't know how to shield against stray MK1 rounds except make the map with a bunch of blue particles maybe?

GoodMorning

I suggest allowing warping, and placing a short-range, long-reload cannon near the mines, and pre-charging it to prevent rushes...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

stdout

I suggest not making the HQ loss a game losing condition. You can set that in the map when you're making it. This way if you lose your HQ, it's no big deal and you just wait 20 seconds and then continue on.

smackmud

Ah, right.  Yeah, I set it like that when I started making the map in an attempt to give the map a "do or die" atmosphere...but yeah, it's too easy for some random shot to take out the CN.

GoodMorning

If you made the map somewhat smaller (with the same threats), then the pressure goes up. This can make it a seious problem to lose the HQ, without being an immediate loss.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.