Started by AutoPost, March 02, 2012, 09:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #916: Day 30: Into the core

Author: J

Desc:
The final battle begins!

TonyP2000

I just openned up the last room. Just can't make a dent. Too many power full drones.
Vote Tony!

Karsten75

What's up with those low-value gems behind all that high-density terrain? It's almost like you don't want us to go collect them?

mpete

To send 61+ packets per second?
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Karsten75

Do you know how hard/long it will be to get them?

teknotiss

i do (just did it)
didn't help anyway
when i picked one up after maxing reactors my energy use rocked up to 211. :-[
my max production was 111. something or other
i wasn't as efficient as pos but it would have taken for ever if i had balanced my energy use production at 120 as author suggests.
but i have thought of a new approach that should use less energy and might help Vs the drones. and i saved before i opened it so here goes.
still want dark beams though (i like them.... what's wrong with that??)
good map but up and down build would prob allow us 180 or so energy
7/10
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 02, 2012, 01:25:07 PM
What's up with those low-value gems behind all that high-density terrain? It's almost like you don't want us to go collect them?
Like mpete said, to send out 61+ packets per second. I actually needed only 40 packets per second the first minutes the chamber was open. I dug out the left side (didn't open the chamber) and filled it with blasters and 2 launchers and had enough time to dig out a gem. With fully upgraded blasters you should be able to kill the first waves of drones (when 3 600hp drones and ~8 120hp drones came at the same time I only lost 1 blaster). You should set some blaster to target creeper to kill the creeper coming out of the drones. In the first version the 600hp drones had 1000hp and the 120hp drones had 325 hp and I was able to survive with only 60 packets per second.

teknotiss

ya tried something similar and was easier.
can't remember exactly but i was using about 90 at the peak
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

Only 90? I was using 180 at the peak (with ~130 collection, I also built some reactors in the last chamber).

Quote from: teknotiss on March 02, 2012, 04:33:23 PM
i wasn't as efficient as pos but it would have taken for ever if i had balanced my energy use production at 120 as author suggests.
With maximal efficiency you could get 109.72-113.55 energy if you dig out the left side to build blasters. Not really a big deal I think. (If you build some reactors there you could get 120, but you'll need the reactor efficiency upgrades)

teknotiss

sorry meant as an average at the worst of the creeper emergence
prob going up to 110 ish but i was paying more attention to the creeper nearly wiping out my blasters (had re-enforcments). basically used them as mobile shields (sort of)
still took ages.
might try again though not many new maps at the moment.