[bug] after i complete mission objectives in mission editor. Mission wont end

Started by Three_Pryme, October 16, 2016, 12:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three_Pryme

I did all the objectives, cleared all plasma, destroyed all emitters, ETC ETC. I've switched objectives multiple times. I've been trying to play test the mission ive made over and over again for 1 and an half hours. I dont know what to do! I did everything the mission wants me to do. The dialog and ending doesnt trigger, help me please!
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

Prof

Lets start with the basics: Are you playing it in-editor or have you finalized the map and are playing it from there?

Three_Pryme

Finalized map. I finalized the map, played it, had to constantly edit. Still wont trigger victory

Karsten75

Quote from: Three_Pryme on October 16, 2016, 03:12:59 PM
Finalized map. I finalized the map, played it, had to constantly edit. Still wont trigger victory

If you can "constantly edit" you are not playing the finalized version, you are playing the version in the editor.

Three_Pryme

By constantly edit i mean when i "beat" the mission, and theres nothing left. I leave the finalized version, go back. Change some things, finalize it again, play it, and it still wont trigger, so I am playing the finalized version.

knucracker

Send me a save of the mission after you have completed everything but victory has not triggered and I'll take a look.  You can post it here, or email to support@knucklecracker.com.

Three_Pryme

Karsten75

When you reply, right under the reply box, there is a link for attachments. Click it and then select the location of the save file.

Three_Pryme

I did that its in my files but it wont paste on here. Let me try saving again

EDIT: Got it! It was being a doof.

Three_Pryme

Here's one from the start of the mission just in case.

Three_Pryme

Im thinking there is something hiding that I need to trigger, ive dragged my lathes all around the map and they lathed everything. I dont know whats going on with the mission.

Three_Pryme

I forget to say. I have completed the mission before when it was finalized and i had the option to upload the map, but i decided to edit it more, then had to play again and it wouldnt trigger victory. Could that be why it wont trigger?

GoodMorning

Probably not. If you are playing a newly-finalized form, it should trigger victory.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Three_Pryme

I just remade the map, IE started a new map, and it turned out better,and It triggered victory this time, i uploaded it, everything seems good. I'll let you know if it happens again

knucracker

The glitch save you attached was already in the 'complete' state.  So somehow the map got tagged as already completed.  That explains why when you play it you never get completion... the game thinks it is already done.

I'll make sure that finalizing resets the completion state of a mission just before saving. That's my best guess at a treatment for what happened.

--edit--
Yeah, even your "start" save begins with the map completion state already set to true.  So you might have played some map past completion, then created an editor project and edited it or something like that.  In any case, I now make the finalize action purge that state just before the finalized map is created.