Youtube + CW + Monetizing

Started by LittleRedEye, December 03, 2013, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleRedEye

How does author of the game feel about those? Is it alowed? If not maybe without puting ads?

knucracker

If you want to make videos of gameplay, post them to youtube, then collect ad money for the views... that's all perfectly fine.  So please, go make a viral video that gets 50 million views and is about CW3 :)

Nephthys

Quote from: virgilw on December 03, 2013, 12:20:02 PM
If you want to make videos of gameplay, post them to youtube, then collect ad money for the views... that's all perfectly fine.  So please, go make a viral video that gets 50 million views and is about CW3 :)

I continue to be amazed by your generosity. Not only of the monetary, but of the spiritual and of the kindness you show any of us who brush by you in these boards.

Yeah, I realize that YT vids of CW might sell more games, but you could be a real ... mean guy about it & start claiming copyright infraction, etc., but you don't. It makes me wonder if your wife is developing a cure for cancer or some such.  ;)   You rock dude. Cliche, yes, but true.

(And I wish I knew how to make the proper "e" at the end of 'cliche'.  :P).

Grauniad

Quote from: Nephthys on December 03, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Two ways - 1) Google it, then copy/paste, 2) copy/paste it from Character Map.

I just happen to have a spare one, You're welcome to it: é
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys

Quote from: Grauniad on December 03, 2013, 10:12:25 PM

Two ways - 1) Google it, then copy/paste, 2) copy/paste it from Character Map.

I just happen to have a spare one, You're welcome to it: é

TYVM. Grauniad to the rescue yet again. Isn't there a way to do it using the ALT key plus a number? To avoid all that copy/pasting? Nvrmnd! I'll Google it! Thanks, man.

Grauniad

Quote from: Nephthys on December 03, 2013, 10:18:39 PM
Isn't there a way to do it using the ALT key plus a number?

Indeed. When you have Character Map open, it will tell you the key combination.

NNR_Alex

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could.

On a serious note if I ever get around to doing full LPs of the CW series I'll keep this in mind.

Otterbear

I continue to be amazed by your generosity. Not only of the monetary, but of the spiritual and of the kindness you show any of us who brush by you in these boards.

Yeah, I realize that YT vids of CW might sell more games, but you could be a real ... mean guy about it & start claiming copyright infraction, etc., but you don't. It makes me wonder if your wife is developing a cure for cancer or some such.  ;)   You rock dude. Cliche, yes, but true.

I just want to say DITTO! to all the above. Very refreshing indeed. Thank You, Virgil.

Relli

Isn't there a way to do it using the ALT key plus a number? To avoid all that copy/pasting?
The code is alt+0233
You may not need it anymore, but I happen to have this one memorized because it's used a lot. Like in Pokémon. And I even just used it in cliché yesterday.
There are other combinations that work, with less digits, but this is the one I use. Mostly because I don't know what the others are.
And remember that alt codes only work with the num pad, not the line above the letters.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Riluna on December 04, 2013, 06:51:25 PM
Isn't there a way to do it using the ALT key plus a number? To avoid all that copy/pasting?
The code is alt+0233
You may not need it anymore, but I happen to have this one memorized because it's used a lot. Like in Pokémon. And I even just used it in cliché yesterday.
There are other combinations that work, with less digits, but this is the one I use. Mostly because I don't know what the others are.
And remember that alt codes only work with the num pad, not the line above the letters.
AltGr+E if you're on Windows

Back to the topic, YouTube is brilliant for producers of games and video makers alike - unless the games terrible, in which case it's best not to have any videos at all. Not so great for the viewers in my opinion. I don't want to have to watch a 30-second ad every time I watch an episode of something that I've managed to ban on this forum. No, I just want to cut right to the video. Hence why those ads are so ineffective.

Just as I was clicking Skip Ad one time I heard the guy in the ad go "No! Nonononono! Awww..." and I thought maybe he had something important to say. But it was too late.

Grauniad

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 04, 2013, 07:10:16 PM
AltGr+E if you're on Windows

Only if you have an international keyboard with the AltGr key.

I'd split this if I could do it without breaking some posts ... :(

Miksu

If I may add something:

Avoid the mainscreen music, it gets flagged as "Halloween Sounds - Fantasy Rising (Horror) [Scary]", sound recording administered by:
BFM Digital

Other than that is fine.

knucracker

Quote from: Miksu on December 05, 2013, 04:11:05 AM
If I may add something:

Avoid the mainscreen music, it gets flagged as "Halloween Sounds - Fantasy Rising (Horror) [Scary]", sound recording administered by:
BFM Digital

Other than that is fine.

Just as a note of clarification, that's specifically for Creeper World (1).  CW3 should be fine for opening title music.

Nephthys

The code is alt+0233

Ah, that's it! tyvm. It is now on a sticky on my monitor. Hopefully it won't get lost among all the other stickys there.  ::)

I know Alt+3 gives you a heart, but my posts get flagged for review when I use it. Not sure why. Just in case I'm posting some type of illegal code I guess. Let's see if it still happens. Maybe G. is online. lol ♥♥♥

Nephthys

Quote from: Nephthys on December 05, 2013, 06:11:22 PM

The code is alt+0233

Ah, that's it! tyvm. It is now on a sticky on my monitor. Hopefully it won't get lost among all the other stickys there.  ::)

I know Alt+3 gives you a heart, but my posts get flagged for review when I use it. Not sure why. Just in case I'm posting some type of illegal code I guess. Let's see if it still happens. Maybe G. is online. lol ♥♥♥

ROFL  No review this time. Maybe 'cos I'm not a newbie any more. Anyway, TY Riluna!