Smaller Info Panels

Started by Nephthys, May 05, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

Recently upgraded from my ancient system :D and now have a 21" monitor. Now, when I play CW3 in full screen mode, the info panels are smaller. I am hoping that shows in the attached screenshot.

The difference is enough to make it difficult to read the data.

Also, when you want to preview a map in Prospector Zone, the preview is also smaller. (I made a few screenshots while in Steam. Not sure if they show the panels. I uploaded it to the Steam Cloud when that option popped up. I have NO idea where that is or how to grab something from there & post it here. I also need to go back to Steam & make those public. Will do asap. Assuming I can find them. Still learning how to move about in Steam.)

This could very well be something I need to adjust on my system. I am very much at the early learning stage of what it can do & how to adjust things. Old system was XP & new one is 8.1.

Please let me know if I need to provide more info.

EDIT: Made 4 screenshots public in Steam. One is a duplicate. oops.

EDIT 2: Man, when I look at the screenshot, the info panels look just fine. So...why do they look so small in game?  ???  On 2nd thought, I'm not so sure. They do look a bit smaller.    

knucracker

That looks right to me... Your new monitor has a higher native resolution than your old monitor most likely.  In other words, the physical pixels are smaller.

If you want to play full screen and would like things bigger on the screen go into the game's video settings and change the full screen resolution.  It defaults to your desktop native resolution.  Make it 1024x768 or something like that and when you go full screen the game will change your resolution to that.   

Nephthys

I will do that! Thanks so much for helping me out.

As I've said before, you need to add "Teacher" to your many accomplishments!

EDIT:  After trying a few on for size, 1600 x 900 is the setting that got things back to "normal" for me. Thanks again.