The Music

Started by Clean0nion, January 06, 2014, 12:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

I normally play with the sound off.
A few times, I turned the volume up to hear the music. It was alright.
Just now, I turned the volume up to the maximum.
Spoiler
OH WOW.
I had no idea such wonders were silently occurring within the deactivated depths of my speakers!
Virgil, I don't know where you found Finn M-K, but he is brilliant. Promote his a**.
[close]

timotimo

the music is really something! I just wish there were more tracks. it does get kind of repetitive – especially if you're a noob like me who takes ~40 minutes per map :P

Lost in Nowhere

Yeah, the music is awesome, but it gets repetitive after a while.
Don't die! :)

Karsten75

Nephthys

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 10, 2014, 09:27:07 AM
What music doesn't?

Indeed. It is true of all games. Well, all games that I've played anyway. Which is why I have the music off 99% of the time. I actually feel kind of bad about that because I know in most cases a lot of thought & effort went into the music.

But I've never understood WHY music seems to be a requirement for games. I can see an intro & ending, but most of the time you need to hear the sound effects. They may tell you something you need to know. So why over-ride them with music or have the music distract from game-play? That's just me. I know some music gets people pumped up while they play, but it has never been that way for me.

timotimo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballblazer#Soundtrack ← an example for music that doesn't get repetitive :P

Grauniad

I managed to listen to that for all of 20 seconds before I was compelled to turn it off.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kharnellius

Quote from: timotimo on January 10, 2014, 08:13:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballblazer#Soundtrack ← an example for music that doesn't get repetitive :P
OMG I love you!!!!!!  I loved that game, just for the music!!!!  :)

4xC

If anything, CW3 ought to allow players to pick a song from the track and set it to repeat so that it is the only one heard. This is an option in the old game "Tiberian Sun" where you can pick a song from their list of soundtracks and set it so that it is the only one that plays. Then again, it had longer tracks and more of them and that was some of the music at the apex of RTS gaming in the 90's.
C,C,C,C