Custom Map #1387: GMM F1 Normal. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, May 14, 2019, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1387: GMM F1 Normal

Author: FOXX
Size: 224x224

Desc:
GoodMorning Mode game. My 1st map with this system. Didn't exactly know what to add so making more versions. Version Normal. #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #EditStruc #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman

Jim359

Thanks for yet another map  :)

Not sure if intentional but guns aren't firing at flying Omni's.

FOXX

Quote from: Jim359 on May 14, 2019, 07:16:10 PM

Thanks Jim359,
iirc the TiconDefenseGuns are set to mire/struc first but if there is none of that in range they should fire at Omni's.
Sometimes though the TiconDefenseGuns bleep out. Don't exactly know why (maybe copying them or the range script) but to know for sure you have to test all of them and that is time consuming so i usually don't test them all.
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Tashen

I love these maps for some strange reason.  Great job for it being your first map of this type.  I would say feel free to make it harder and maybe a little more trickier as to the gate locations and things.  It seemed like you just went back and forth and we had plenty of omni mire power to just click the next section without worry that the red mire would be more powerful then we can handle.

Thanks again!

Jim359

Quote from: FOXX on May 15, 2019, 08:49:37 AM
Quote from: Jim359 on May 14, 2019, 07:16:10 PM

Thanks Jim359,
iirc the TiconDefenseGuns are set to mire/struc first but if there is none of that in range they should fire at Omni's.
Sometimes though the TiconDefenseGuns bleep out. Don't exactly know why (maybe copying them or the range script) but to know for sure you have to test all of them and that is time consuming so i usually don't test them all.
Greets
FOXX

Without going into an older map of your GMM line I'm prettty sure that your settings have been reset/changed.  In past GMM's the TDG's would switch from mire to Ship/omni's once they moved into range.  Thats one of the things that made your past GMM's more difficult.

I don't recall any TDG changing to target my moving Omni's on this map.  The bases did fire on Omni's.  I was able to move omni's almost right next to powered and operating TDG's

edit:  I did replay the map again and the TDG's are not targeting omni's if any mire is range it seems. Also noticed the range of the guns seems a lot smaller as well.

FOXX

Quote from: Tashen on May 15, 2019, 09:50:28 AM
I love these maps for some strange reason.  Great job for it being your first map of this type.  I would say feel free to make it harder and maybe a little more trickier as to the gate locations and things.  It seemed like you just went back and forth and we had plenty of omni mire power to just click the next section without worry that the red mire would be more powerful then we can handle.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the comment Tashen.
Don't forget the Net.. bridges in the middle sections. ghehe
No, you are right about the setup. I made this an easy setup. The next version will have a slightly different setup.
Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: Jim359 on May 15, 2019, 03:08:37 PM
Without going into an older map of your GMM line I'm prettty sure that your settings have been reset/changed.  In past GMM's the TDG's would switch from mire to Ship/omni's once they moved into range.  Thats one of the things that made your past GMM's more difficult.

I don't recall any TDG changing to target my moving Omni's on this map.  The bases did fire on Omni's.  I was able to move omni's almost right next to powered and operating TDG's

edit:  I did replay the map again and the TDG's are not targeting omni's if any mire is range it seems. Also noticed the range of the guns seems a lot smaller as well.
Just to be clear -> This is my first GMM map - the others you played are from Yum234 or maybe Builder17.
The TDG are behaving as they are setup meaning if there is no mire to shoot at the TDG will fire at omnis but seems like there is always mire to shoot at when progressing. The range of all TDG is 22.
Will change here and there for the next version. (with ships)
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

CyberDyneSystems

A great first GMM map FOXX! thanks for taking the time to make it for us.

Despite the maps scale, it was a bit simplistic in how one proceeds, literally numbered sequence, alternating, lower right, then upper left, and so on. If we follow the pattern, we literally never open a gate and get flooded with red, as our omni population is always strong enough for the next gate.

I get the feeling you were lulling us into a VERY false sense of security,. ;)
I am eagerly looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with these, because I know you can be far more devious!!! :) :)

FOXX

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on May 16, 2019, 06:10:50 PM
A great first GMM map FOXX! thanks for taking the time to make it for us.

Despite the maps scale, it was a bit simplistic in how one proceeds, literally numbered sequence, alternating, lower right, then upper left, and so on. If we follow the pattern, we literally never open a gate and get flooded with red, as our omni population is always strong enough for the next gate.

I get the feeling you were lulling us into a VERY false sense of security,. ;)
I am eagerly looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with these, because I know you can be far more devious!!! :) :)

Thanks CyberDyneSystems,

This map is pretty simple gameplay. Next version will be different Setup and some things added.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Blackbird_71

It is easy, but there seems to be a trick or two that I am missing from getting a better time.  Fun map.