Custom Map: The Two Stairs

Started by AutoPost, July 07, 2010, 04:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Two Stairs

Author: Submerged06

Desc:
The first staircase goes down -- anyone can do that. But can you climb a staircase with a 1,000 intensity emitter?

Timwi

I guess the answer is 'yes'. :)

PHOENIX79

Kameeru

This level is very hard for me! :(

PHOENIX79

I used a TON of drones and blasters.  Still took a while. But the drones seemed to work wonders.

PHOENIX79

Submerged06

That is a nice set-up :).  I made around 10 or 15 mortars and then about a dozen or 15 blasters that  I just pushed up with, row by row.  I hate drones, so I didn't touch them :P.

Timwi

Is anyone interested in seeing my set-up? If so, I'm happy to play the map again.

Kameeru

Quote from: Timwi on July 08, 2010, 04:42:30 PM
Is anyone interested in seeing my set-up? If so, I'm happy to play the map again.

Please show me your set-up, because my set-up doen't work! :)

Timwi

Blaze

Kameeru

Just amazing, Timwi! :) Thanks for showing your set-up! :)

PHOENIX79

Timwi

If you are planning to copy me, I recommend to have fewer speed units. They are probably the reason I did worse in this than the one where I set the record. There is a point at which they're no longer worth it. The screenshot does, however, show the important bits, which is (1) construct the quickest possible route for the energy packets; (2) don't use mortars, they're useless here; (3) you don't need too many blasters either, most of the work needs to be done by drones.