General Questions

Started by D0m0nik, September 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

Not sure where to post or ask these so I will lump them together.

1: OMNI - When placing the unit is it possible to have a preview cirlce like in CW3 collector unit so that you can determine the best place for it. you currently have to guess and then delete and replace.

2: When you finish a mission is it possible to just 'restart mission' rather than having to exit and restart.

3: The score board is confusing me a little. I am a speed player and I suspect this will continue in PF. Every time I load a mission the top few scores are not viewable until I delete my name in the corp filter and apply filter. Am I doing something wrong?

Tjgalon

In ship customization, I notice you only have 1 brush size for the the hull. I can understand why, but is is possible for the square on to be bigger so you can start with your template easier, and go from there?

D0m0nik

When you hover over the ship build menu how do you know how much energy it costs to build a unit?

When you click on a unit is it possible for the bottom menu to show ship health and energy as percentages?

Sorrontis

Can we have a popup that gives a description of the modules in shipbuilder (when you hover over an individual module)? If it's already implemented, doesn't work for me.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ShadeOfRed

I was going to ask this in a different post but I'll add it here!

How hard would it be to have, when you have a group of omni's selected, and hover over an island, for the game to try to place all of the omni's on the island in the closest spaces to your cursor, instead of some on the island and some in space. 

It makes sense to do it that way, unless that is just way more work then it's worth.  :)

knucracker

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM
3: The score board is confusing me a little. I am a speed player and I suspect this will continue in PF. Every time I load a mission the top few scores are not viewable until I delete my name in the corp filter and apply filter. Am I doing something wrong?

The scoreboard will show you whatever you filter on, plus 3 people better than you, and many more worse than you.  To see the top of the entire scoreboard, you just remove any filter.
The idea is that for maps with lots of scores, you don't want to post a score then not see where you are in the list.  What you want to know is where you are and what the time better than you are.  Yes, you also want to know what the absolute best times are...

Right now you have to remove the filter to see the top of the list.  What I'd like to do is maybe show the top 3 (or 5), then show the current list.  That's more work, though, so I'll have to think about refining it post initial release.

knucracker

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 15, 2016, 02:21:54 PM
In ship customization, I notice you only have 1 brush size for the the hull. I can understand why, but is is possible for the square on to be bigger so you can start with your template easier, and go from there?
I've added to the list (post initial release).

knucracker

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 15, 2016, 02:23:51 PM
When you hover over the ship build menu how do you know how much energy it costs to build a unit?

When you click on a unit is it possible for the bottom menu to show ship health and energy as percentages?

Yeah, there is a major work item I have planned post initial release that will show the ship and the ship status (if built) when you hover over a build button.  The main concern is how to deal with custom modules... and that is another major work item post initial release.

knucracker

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 15, 2016, 02:25:10 PM
Can we have a popup that gives a description of the modules in shipbuilder (when you hover over an individual module)? If it's already implemented, doesn't work for me.

Yeah, they need links to the help.  You can go into the help from the main menu and look them up, but having them on the shipbuilder would be more convenient.

knucracker

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on September 15, 2016, 02:40:02 PM
I was going to ask this in a different post but I'll add it here!

How hard would it be to have, when you have a group of omni's selected, and hover over an island, for the game to try to place all of the omni's on the island in the closest spaces to your cursor, instead of some on the island and some in space. 

It makes sense to do it that way, unless that is just way more work then it's worth.  :)

I'll add this to my list.... 
It is 'slightly complicated'.  But nothing I'm not used to :)

D0m0nik

Virgil, this must be a nightmare! I will post questions as I am sure all feedback here is helpful but cannot imagine how hard you are working at the moment! All great comments so far though, the game is incredible.

knucracker

You know how sometimes you move a lathe in and then about a gazillion particles start coming to the emitter's defense... and your lathe is taking damage, your support ships are doing their best, you are close to taking out the emitter and the lathe is damaged on three sides... There's this moment when you don't know if the emitter will be taken out or not, but you do know the lathe probably won't make it either way.

I'm that lathe :)

Karsten75

Baby steps, Virgil, baby steps. :)  Take one thing at a time, leave some by the wayside.

Tjgalon

You need a hammer then to just hit a few things away for the moment then too.

D0m0nik