Custom Map #1757: Return of The Creep (PAC) 4. By: Ranger Von Danger

Started by AutoPost, June 14, 2021, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1757: Return of The Creep (PAC) 4

Author: Ranger Von Danger
Size: 230x230

CS Z

This was an improvement.  I was able to actually win this time but took almost an hour to complete.

Deadl0ck

Both versions brought me something different. This was a fun map, never a super hard fight, and enough changes to keep me entertained compared to the first version.

The first version I found hard faught, but it was the map that caused me to figure out the power that is the field gen + 1 or 2 emitters + crimson generator, and without that combo I would've struggled more with this map.

So thank you for both, as both served different functions for me. 1 gave me a strategic element, and forced me to better my game, this one was a good map to put my knowledge in play.

Mr$Hyper$

You take over the bottom right outpost but get bogged down by AC tidal wave. GG
0/10

alche

had fun
much better, had to go around this time and the buildings where destroyable.

does the mesh works under the road?

you could go full emmiters or a couple of spores is enough to kill the factory, build an emmiter to stop the rebuild and then you can just kill everything else with air attacks and get all the erns or go straight for the hq

much better anyway :)

knightace

Compared to the last version; this map was a walk in the park...quite literally. Perhaps I've played too many PAC maps, since I kinda liked the hard version of your previous map more lol. Not that this was bad, mind, it was just easy. For example; I played this map as intended and didn't spread over the walls...by the time I reached the top right corner I stopped trying. Just filled the top area with emitters and sat back as the creep overwhelmed the entirety of the map. I only used a few of the excess ERNs available to put an additional emitter down for a final 'oomph' into the corridors. Aside from that, I didn't have to do anything but wait to win.

I'm not complaining. I liked both versions for different reasons. Thank you. :) One thing I do like about this map is the possibility of various methods of attack.

I'm not sure what issue Mr Hyper had...the AC had only made it to the top-right corner by the time I was there and there was little in the way of AC breeder on the map to make it a threat. I would suggest trying to assault defended positions by crimson towers at the front, emitters behind, then a fieldgen behind them- pushing the creeper straight through the crimson. Fieldgen's are very....very OP. Perhaps too much so.

Shatterstep

Quote from: knightace on June 15, 2021, 07:07:13 PM
I'm not sure what issue Mr Hyper had...the AC had only made it to the top-right corner by the time I was there and there was little in the way of AC breeder on the map to make it a threat. I would suggest trying to assault defended positions by crimson towers at the front, emitters behind, then a fieldgen behind them- pushing the creeper straight through the crimson. Fieldgen's are very....very OP. Perhaps too much so.

I prefer this version  and I would consider myself an experienced PAC player and map maker. I guess we all have different ideas of what is fun and what is a slog, and that is ok.

Excellent advice. I really ought to create a tutorial PAC map sometime.

Ranger Von Danger, thanks for all the maps you make. We are lucky to have someone so creative spoil us so.

BrokenLifeCycle

This was rather easy to cheese. I just gathered enough erns and then rushed West using spores to get past the barrier. Once I had the first emitter established within the walls, it was all history from there pushing with Fields and Crimson.