Tormented Space Error

Started by Trixity, April 14, 2016, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trixity

Every time I go to log into tormented space, the game locks up, nothing is shown and I can't back out. 

How do I fix this?

I have tried rebooting, also reinstalling.

knucracker

Here is where the tormented space data files live:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\200

In that directory is a "sector.dat" file and subdirectories for each mission you have played.  I'd start by backing up the whole 200 directory, then delete the sector.dat file.  Do this while the game is not running.  Then start the game up and see if you can get into tormented space again.

If not, delete the entire 200 directory and try again.

Are you using steam?  If so you can try deleting the entire 200 directory then letting the steam cloud restore put the files back.  Conversely, if the corrupt file is actually in the steam cloud storage then it could put it back on your disk.  If necessary, you can turn off steam cloud storage for the game while messing around until you get it working again.

king96swordfish

hello there i'm half new to this but i have run into a problem. i bought CW3 through steam and i have gone through the game and im looking at tormented space but every time i click it. it sends me back to apex in the story mode and nothing comes up. it shows me having 0 inhibitors destroyed but nothing beond that

Shockblast DX

Sounds like you might need to check your files and see if Apex was somehow planted into Tormented Space as well as Story.